ROCKET MAN

Ha, ha, you are too funny! Anybody in their right mind would not want to try to put this type of horsepower down in the street. My first Ultra at 500 rear wheel in the street did not want to stay on the ground, even with a 6" over arm on it. In fact, it didn't just stand up gently, it stood straight up - 12 o'clock - so violently that the speedometer almost knocked my friggin' head off. I should have said ANY rider . . . no, we will be setting up the controller very progressively, and will give you probably a max of 500 at the tire. But, I will set it up any way you want it, it is your bike . . . lmk! :thumbsup:

This is astounding power , this is a killer hp build , you be careful learning this monster Rocketman !! I know you got more turbo experience than most street riders , so you know whats required . I am looking forward to your ride / launch impression , maybe get some on board footage when you can on this beast !! Sounds like it is not too far off now , bring it on !!!

Do the lighter BSTs make a measurable difference on the dyno(have you done a before and after swap on any bike before)?
It sounds like the build could use a few extra hp.

Everybody is a comedian! No, I did not do a before and after with the BSTs, and I have no intention of doing that. These BSTs are custom - done in blue (special order) - and I for one do not want to subject almost 5K worth of rims to 600+ hp on the dyno. I will let Rocketman twist it up on the street when everything is done.
I will be looking forward to that ride report!

This is astounding power , this is a killer hp build , you be careful learning this monster Rocketman !! I know you got more turbo experience than most street riders , so you know whats required . I am looking forward to your ride / launch impression , maybe get some on board footage when you can on this beast !! Sounds like it is not too far off now , bring it on !!!
Dude, when it comes to experience on this kind of Hp. , I have No experience. I'm riding 330 Hp. with 6 inches over! On pump I have 100 over that with this one and 4 inches over..Just on Pump, this is going to be a learning experience, not to mention the 2 inch shorter wheelbase. Some people may not really know (I said some..) what a difference that 2 inches makes.(You all have dirty minds!) Especially with bikes that have decent power. I'm expecting better handling than my Gen1 with the shorter wheelbase and I'm sure the BST's will help also. I have a Big decision to make about having Frank set up the highest Hp. Map. Got to be my decision but I also have to listen to the Man who built the bike. I've never ridden with Frank but, I've done my research. The internet is a wonderful thing. I Know that he knows Big Power MUCH Better than me and I Wouldn't want to EVER Race Him For Pinks!

Ha, ha, you are too funny! Anybody in their right mind would not want to try to put this type of horsepower down in the street. My first Ultra at 500 rear wheel in the street did not want to stay on the ground, even with a 6" over arm on it. In fact, it didn't just stand up gently, it stood straight up - 12 o'clock - so violently that the speedometer almost knocked my friggin' head off. I should have said ANY rider . . . no, we will be setting up the controller very progressively, and will give you probably a max of 500 at the tire. But, I will set it up any way you want it, it is your bike . . . lmk! :thumbsup:
Please let me think about this. This HONESTLY is a Very Important decision For me. Maybe one of the hardest yet.

Congrats brotha beautiful build

I recently have a bike built from frank and its a beast
Started with 240hp at wheel no cooling
Then
240hp with meth tank

Took a bit of getting used to turbo lag and turbo hit through the turns but found it slow

Then went to 300+ with ultra plenum
It was really a lot of fun
Then rebuilt engine a little more (all the way) was pushing safe to say north of 370hp
Bike didn’t want to stay planted in any gear it was insane. (Stock wheelbase so I can turn)

Then took it back cuz it ran right thro the clutch smh..
Keep in mind doing WOT runs
Now it’s new clutch I’ll be it not the beautiful blue multi stage one but enough that at new 340ish it feels really good.

Frank is the best turbo guy this side of the states.
He’s Been tinkering on my bikes for last 4-5 years and will continue to do so ;)

Btw yea I never stretch it but I’m running +1 Front -3 Rear, never wanted to stretch it cuz don’t want to loose what little turn-ability the bike has left.
When it was 370+hp it came up and I weigh 260lbs tucked on top of gas tank.
At 300-330ish hp with this gearing stock wheel base is definitely doable.

Any variation meaning shorter gearing and gonna run into problems unless stretched I believe.

(Also i don’t have a boost controller so when turbo kicks in it hits hard all the way to red line)
That’s a graph below when it was at 370+...
I say that number even tho it says 240 on graph because that pull was done in 4th gear and in 5th n 6th it definitely makes more power.
Dyno was done in 4th cuz bike would reset dyno at over 200mph in 5th gear way before it even got close to 11k rpm.

82E1C260-0BBB-42E8-83BD-CF8E02073025.jpeg

Last edited:
Btw yea I never stretch it but I’m running +1 Front -3 Rear, never wanted to stretch it cuz don’t want to loose what little turn-ability the bike has left.
When it was 370+hp it came up and I weigh 260lbs tucked on top of gas tank.
At 300-330ish hp with this gearing stock wheel base is definitely doable.

Any variation meaning shorter gearing and gonna run into problems unless stretched I believe.

(Also i don’t have a boost controller so when turbo kicks in it hits hard all the way to red line)
That’s a graph below when it was at 370+...
I say that number even tho it says 240 on graph because that pull was done in 4th gear and in 5th n 6th it definitely makes more power.
Dyno was done in 4th cuz bike would reset dyno at over 200mph in 5th gear way before it even got close to 11k rpm.

View attachment 1591049

Are you showing the correct dyno sheet? It doesn’t show 370 or 240, it shows 341.65.

On my Gen 1 that I have now at 331, I'm running 18/38 rather than the stock 17/40. Its 6 over. The front end stays down pretty much unless im really jammin on it. Great fuel mileage and very stable at speed. By the way, I'm 160 lbs.
That’s awesome. I am getting some much needed work done to mine at franks. Could you show us some pictures of your Gen 1? I would love to see it.

Keeping it. I want every generation. I'll probably put stock height springs in it, go 2" over stock wheelbase and see if Frank can tune it with one of those small air filters and the turbo exhaust with the canister I never put on. Should be fun with the stock height and shorter wheelbase. This way, I can get back to the cornering which I SO Love and miss instead of having that 1/2" of unworn rubber on each side of the rear tire. It makes me feel like I'm not doin' my Job and it's kinda embarrassing...

Back