Bridgestone T31

caspernz

Registered
Seeing how tyres can be an emotive topic, here to report that I'm trying on a set of Bridgestone T31s, figured I'd share.
My history of tyres on the Busa (2013 ABS model) include Michelin PR4s & PP3s, Bridgestone S20s, Metzeler M7RRs and now the T31s.
Bear in mind that I use my bike for advanced rider training sometimes, so wear rates are a consideration. Wet weather grip at least on par with Michelin PR4s, with dry grip more sure footed than all but the M7RRs. At a guess I'll see maybe 12,000 km from the T31s, which puts them on par with the PR4s. Will try Michelin Road 5s next I suppose, although most folks I know who've switched to them are finding them rather prone to punctures, which seems odd to me.
Next track day outing I'll either switch to a sportier tyre or just use another bike...

A friend likes the T31's on his bike ( not a busa ) . I had wondered about them , but the stock Bridgestone tires on my 2014 were so bad ( brother 2015 bird also ) neither of us bought another set made by Bridgestone .
PR5 so far (4000 miles ) has been great , and better than PR4 . Had a set of Metzelers Roadtech's 01 when they 1st came out years ago . Took them off in the first 500 miles about . Heavy , and dry grip was not good .
Did you by chance install the yet ? Any chance to get a weight of them before installation ?

A friend likes the T31's on his bike ( not a busa ) . I had wondered about them , but the stock Bridgestone tires on my 2014 were so bad ( brother 2015 bird also ) neither of us bought another set made by Bridgestone .
PR5 so far (4000 miles ) has been great , and better than PR4 . Had a set of Metzelers Roadtech's 01 when they 1st came out years ago . Took them off in the first 500 miles about . Heavy , and dry grip was not good .
Did you by chance install the yet ? Any chance to get a weight of them before installation ?
I'll probably need new shoes this coming year, I reckon if the PR5s work on your bike, they'd be good for mine as I do lots of straight riding with a few corners here and there.

Am planning to do a bit of touring with a little spirited riding thrown in for good measure.

I have Bridgestones on it now it came with and they stick like nobody's business but wear fast.

I'll never use another Bridgestone on my bike. Only tire I'll ever run will be Michelin Road 5s. On my second set of them now.

I'll never use another Bridgestone on my bike. Only tire I'll ever run will be Michelin Road 5s. On my second set of them now.

Fair enough, if judging by OEM stuff made by Bridgestone, I'd not buy one either. Must add my suspension has been upgraded, so tyres have an easier life that way.

A friend likes the T31's on his bike ( not a busa ) . Any chance to get a weight of them before installation ?

No I didn't weigh the T31s prior to fitting them, much the same as PR4s. M7RRs noticeably lighter, like the PP3s. The T31s seem to be quite stiff in carcass, which isn't an issue for me as suspension upgrade allows nice fine tuning.

I have Bridgestones on it now it came with and they stick like nobody's business but wear fast.

The OEM tyres from Bridgestone wear rather quick, which doesn't bother me, the poor behaviour in wet weather I don't like though...

The OEM tyres from Bridgestone wear rather quick said:
Good news is for me is that I don't ride in the rain anymore...I am officially a CAR (Candy Ass Rider).
My Battlaxs were good in the rain, I rode like it was raining too which helped.
I think starting on a bike with skinny bias-ply tires many years ago helped me

Ive just pulled PR5s off (5500kms and will go back on)and fitted some super corsas for the summer.
Plenty of guys been using t30s 31s 20 & 21s around here, id be happy to run any of THOSE Bridgys.
The 5s have at most 3mm left on them.

20181229_192409.jpg

20181229_192353.jpg

20181229_192441.jpg

20181229_192430.jpg

Ive just pulled PR5s off (5500kms and will go back on)and fitted some super corsas for the summer.
Plenty of guys been using t30s 31s 20 & 21s around here, id be happy to run any of THOSE Bridgys.
The 5s have at most 3mm left on them.

That transition from centre to shoulder compound is uncanny on the Road 5s...and it looks like you've been having fun on them mainland roads...

S21's that came on the bike when I bought used didn't last long. Disappointed in the life. Def getting into PR5's asap because of how great the PR4's did on my gsxr 1000

S21's that came on the bike when I bought used didn't last long. Disappointed in the life. Def getting into PR5's asap because of how great the PR4's did on my gsxr 1000

They are on the soft side for sure....I will be tire shopping by mid summer I reckon and judging by all I've read, the PR5s are looking like the way to go.

They are on the soft side for sure....I will be tire shopping by mid summer I reckon and judging by all I've read, the PR5s are looking like the way to go.
Good choice. Those and Contenetal Attack get millage & work well. Have Conti on the front two seasons now & Piolet 5 on the rear which has impressed me in every way. It takes all the power I throw at puts it to pavement where others have spun or power slid thru a turn under hard gas, corners well providing me with confidence. This one has been on bird all season usually get a season out of a tire pushing replacement longer than should as the weight & Torque tear up tires.

Back