05' bolt on turbo kit?

IDK, looking at the pic of parts it looks like you'd just tear down the bike to the point like your doing an air filter and full exhaust install..... Basically everything there from the intake side of engine ad the exhaust side.... No new injectors or this n that.
If you get the right kit I’m sure a guy could do it in a day. If your keeping it stage one you don’t need to touch the motor. But the whole fuel is a must I don’t know how it works in the video above. They don’t know what the bike is pushing no tune could be stock power. The issues I ran in to I don’t have anywhere real to buy fittings or the little things. So had to order them and wait.

IDK, looking at the pic of parts it looks like you'd just tear down the bike to the point like your doing an air filter and full exhaust install..... Basically everything there from the intake side of engine ad the exhaust side.... No new injectors or this n that.

Air filter install was easy, lift gas tank. Remove 7 bolts, replace. Same for exhaust - remove right fairings -> left fairings -> cowling and just take out headers/replace with new bolts/gasket/header. Most shops will tell you to leave the bike with them for at least a week for any sort of engine modification, and good reasons to. You can't just slap on a turbo and ride it off.

Hello to the guys at Boosted . Serious Question I am an old school guy and ride my bikes for 100's of thousands of miles with any luck at all . So that being said I do the slow time consuming break in Nothing over 5 grand then 8 and so forth.. Since you guys build them and stress them with turbos do you take a longer break in period or have you found through experience that the long break in is unnessassary . Or given the nature of a speed record or drag bike do they come apart to be serviced so often that lengthy break in is not needed . I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter as it is a constant discussion since the likes of Moto Man and others have been posting that 20 miles and you are ready to go full out
jp

Hello to the guys at Boosted . Serious Question I am an old school guy and ride my bikes for 100's of thousands of miles with any luck at all . So that being said I do the slow time consuming break in Nothing over 5 grand then 8 and so forth.. Since you guys build them and stress them with turbos do you take a longer break in period or have you found through experience that the long break in is unnessassary . Or given the nature of a speed record or drag bike do they come apart to be serviced so often that lengthy break in is not needed . I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter as it is a constant discussion since the likes of Moto Man and others have been posting that 20 miles and you are ready to go full out
jp

With cast iron blocks I can understand the reasoning behind a certain break in period.

With theses engines the cylinders have an extremely hard, and slick coating. There’s nothing to scuff in. Typically on a fresh build they’ll get one good heat cycle on them while I check oil pressure, set the fuel pressure, verify coolant level run the trans through all the gears and fill the innercooler. Other then that, it goes straight on the dyno. As long as the transition in to boost is pretty close, we’re making wastegate pulls almost immediately if everything looks good.

I’ve seen insides of engines with “proper break in”, and without. I have yet to see anything that in regards to HP, longevity, or visual inspection that would cause me to reconsider.

I bought a 2015 Busa off the showroom floor. While I was puting my gear on, the salesmen reminded me of the proper break in procedure. Well as soo as I had the bike straight, popped the clutch, and held out a 9-10k rpm smoky rolling burnout. Once it grabbed I stayed in it till 120 or so.

The following week I was back at the dealership grabbing some parts and that salesmen felt compelled to tell me how I voided the warrentee. I pulled out my phone and showed him pics of the engine on the bench because I was puting some turbo pistons in. I said “It was gonna get void one way or another.”

That coating on the cylinder walls must be a lot tougher that I would have thought. But then I was sure the world was coming to an end with the introduction of aluminum blocks. :)

Same at RCC, we fire them up, go over a few things and then hit them hard on the dyno.

Even chrome bore engines are honed to set up a cross hatch so the rings can "break in". Warming the bike up to get the oil up to temp, check for any leaks or obvious issues, and then on to the dyno. That is also how we do it. The build is either good or it isn't, and you will find out soon enough. Going through steady state tuning first gives the opportunity to check things and verify while that new assembly is warming up. After things are checked, boosted runs can start . . .

I have an 05 that I just hit 4200miles on and now in strongly considering one of these turbos after reading this thread.

I’ll never understand why it’s a common misconception that 5k is considered high mileage on a bike.

I’m about to through a considerable amount of boost a Lucy’s stock bottom end and she’s got 14k on the clock. Send it!

it's so stupid to think that 5k or 20k is high mileage on a bike....i put 12-15k a year on mine......been riding for 30 years,i wouldn't think of rebuilding until 150k+

of course I'm on a Kawasaki,maybe they just build them stronger

Last edited:
All manner of small cars run 1300 cc motors Agreed mostly in Europe. But you would not trade in a Micra at 5,000 miles. At least not because of the milage

it's so stupid to think that 5k or 20k is high mileage on a bike....i put 12-15k a year on mine......been riding for 30 years,i wouldn't think of rebuilding until 150k+

of course I'm on a Kawasaki,maybe they just build them stronger

They certainly make great cruisers and terrific beginner sport bikes. 40k miles between these two. Unfortunately there are no active forums unless you consider fake posting active LMFAO.

1.jpg

I had &%,000+miles on my 1100 ZRX when i sold it Ran like a champ It was hot rodded a bit and not a single issue that was not owner induced:) . Still had original clutch Starter chain valve drive chain and a few other internals hat were know to wear if not attended to

I had &%,000+miles on my 1100 ZRX when i sold it Ran like a champ It was hot rodded a bit and not a single issue that was not owner induced:) . Still had original clutch Starter chain valve drive chain and a few other internals hat were know to wear if not attended to

Awesome. And that you can say that here and not get jumped. I can imagine saying that at the club site and someone saying "omg if i drove it that slow I would get a ticket and die from old age" or something like that" not that there' s anything wrong with that :lol: when in good nature but when it comes from someone who rides 30 miles a year and their wild card is a photo taking a scripted turn they've practiced all their lives, wow........

Back