Is it true??? No more Busa??

Interesting. I was told by a dealer (not Suzuki) that in order to meet the Euro4 rules you have to do it to all of your product. You can't change it for different markets. Could Suzuki be abandoning the European market to keep producing the Busa? Maybe Suzuki is slicker than we think. They may have decided to bank on the EU unraveling and are just going to focus on the Americas and Asia for Busa sales. Not sure though how long it will be until other environmental regs catch up with the EU.

488CF957-49E2-46E2-A4C5-2407AAE7D7DF.jpeg

Interesting. I was told by a dealer (not Suzuki) that in order to meet the Euro4 rules you have to do it to all of your product. You can't change it for different markets. Could Suzuki be abandoning the European market to keep producing the Busa? Maybe Suzuki is slicker than we think. They may have decided to bank on the EU unraveling and are just going to focus on the Americas and Asia for Busa sales. Not sure though how long it will be until other environmental regs catch up with the EU.
I was hoping that but got my google on and found this looks like European market to strong for them to continue to make bad decisions. In this report them seem to really be banking on this gsxr-150 and the 1000. The new gsxr1000 sound good but still a little behind most already. They even say that they don’t have the ability to match customers needs on new development because of old technology they have. Well that’s how I read it. Know report it’s a little old now but kinda gives idea on their thoughts and markets.

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/ir/library/annualreport/pdf/2017/2017-1.pdf

Hey Arch , I finally scored some scales , get them mid week , they weigh up to 15kg , so going to have fun weighing up some stuff bro !!

You need 2 bike scales next.
I've always wondered about dialing in a bike with a scale under each wheel.
By measuring and sliding the forks ever so slightly, adjustable dog bones, and 50 vs 55 series rear tires, if you could change the front to rear weight, ride it, measure, adjust, and really perfect the corner tip-in and overall handling.
Depending on the cost of 2 quality scales, I'de seriously consider them for my next bike. Especially using my Bursig to quickly up and down it off the scales, adjust, repeat etc.
You got any insight on that?
I'm no Dave Moss or track star, but I have gotten good at setting up suspension per rider over the years, even just roadside without measurement.
I'de love to try something more.
Arch? This sounds up your alley too.
Whatcha reckon??

View attachment 1589999

Brea , CA . ( December 13 , 2018 )

- Suzuki Motor of America , Inc .

( SMAI ) has confirmed that
U.S. market production of the
Hayabusa sport motorcycle
continues uninterrupted .

Production of European specification Hayabusa models
has been discontinued due to Euro 4 emission regulations .

This situation , and resulting media reports ,
may have caused confusion and misunderstanding
among U . S . consumers , media , and dealers .

View attachment 1590000
I see my old Gen 1 and the back of my head in that photo! I had the pole on my bike! LOL

You need 2 bike scales next.
I've always wondered about dialing in a bike with a scale under each wheel.
By measuring and sliding the forks ever so slightly, adjustable dog bones, and 50 vs 55 series rear tires, if you could change the front to rear weight, ride it, measure, adjust, and really perfect the corner tip-in and overall handling.
Depending on the cost of 2 quality scales, I'de seriously consider them for my next bike. Especially using my Bursig to quickly up and down it off the scales, adjust, repeat etc.
You got any insight on that?
I'm no Dave Moss or track star, but I have gotten good at setting up suspension per rider over the years, even just roadside without measurement.
I'de love to try something more.
Arch? This sounds up your alley too.
Whatcha reckon??
I was looking into Intercomp motorcycle scales , they are expensive though , but really nice bit of kit . On another note , I just received those 15kg scales , and the bastards are not even turning on !!

Don’t be jealous because I’ve got 1st dibbs on the ALL NEW GEN3 Hayabusa!!!

ABS TFT LED QRT and any other 3 letter acronym you can think of :lol:

You name it the New Gen 3’s got it!!! I got the premium touring edition with hard bags and a heated LED cup holder :shocked:

One never knows what Suzuki has in mind...will a Gen 3 Hayabusa be a reality, it very well could be but it won't be in the same league as the current leader of hyper bikes (H2). I can see Suzuki maybe going after the title using the GSXR platform supercharged.

A factory high speed sport tour platform like c10s would be great, it would compete and dominate the market.

The Hayabusa had it's day along with all the other hyper bikes (ZX11, 12, 14, CBR11XX, etc).

I'd rather ride it than any other bike, regardless of it's status as the king.

Back