Complaining customer .

c10

Registered
Place aftermarket fuel filtration system on this KTM exactly like instructions, and video.
Customer cries about large aux fuel filter being seen. Wtf really dude? It should be where you can get to it. The 1190 with crash bars it a huge pain to pull tank especially on a trail. So he said can it be covered?
So I carbon fiber wrapped it.

DSC_0777.JPG

DSC_0778.JPG

Last edited:
The GUDLAtech Advanced fuel filtration system is way overkill for this bikes future . It's never going to see adventure like its design too . I just followed the instructions . The way the tank hugs the frame , throttle bodies placement , and Rottweiler air filter system make putting the filter other places a solid NO . Should of painted it before install .

The GUDLAtech Advanced fuel filtration system is way overkill for this bikes future . It's never going to see adventure like its design too . I just followed the instructions . The way the tank hugs the frame , throttle bodies placement , and Rottweiler air filter system make putting the filter other places a solid NO . Should of painted it before install .
I can hardly tell it's there after you covered it. One would have to really be looking for something to nitpick..

Reactions: c10
All free work. Prepaid nearly 6 years ago. Loggers stole 20 acres of mature east Texas pine trees. ( about 75000 dollars worth I was told)
Dennis paid 500 dollars for me to weld up H pipes for him once he bought the pipe so he could build replacement fence. Dennis never bought the pipe, and wouldn't take the 500 back either. His wife said he hired a company in East Texas to just do whole job since he was short on time. So told him his credit here was 500 ;)

All free work. Prepaid nearly 6 years ago. Loggers stole 20 acres of mature east Texas pine trees. ( about 75000 dollars worth I was told)
Dennis paid 500 dollars for me to weld up H pipes for him once he bought the pipe so he could build replacement fence. Dennis never bought the pipe, and wouldn't take the 500 back either. His wife said he hired a company in East Texas to just do whole job since he was short on time. So told him his credit here was 500 ;)
You c10 are genuine and sincere. Lol that being said he kind of overextended his credit. At least you got to enjoy the bike though lol

I did enjoy riding it ,but like my Bird much more . After riding the tall giant it made the hayabusa feel like a short toy . Yesterday's ride was strange feeling due to my foot touching the ground so easily . Going from a vibrating big twin to a butter smooth inline four . The KTM felt fast in town , but was much slower at speed .
It is not slow , but not liter bike or Hayabusa speeds either. Bike will get picked up Friday ;)

I did enjoy riding it ,but like my Bird much more . After riding the tall giant it made the hayabusa feel like a short toy . Yesterday's ride was strange feeling due to my foot touching the ground so easily . Going from a vibrating big twin to a butter smooth inline four . The KTM felt fast in town , but was much slower at speed .
It is not slow , but not liter bike or Hayabusa speeds either. Bike will get picked up Friday ;)
Yea I used to ride my dads Harley on ocassion like when he rode to work and saw rain in forecast and didn’t have gear, I would drive his truck out and bring truck home. Torquey monsters those twins but as you said no top end. Good then you can shift focus back to RamJam

That's because it is a compromise. I don't mean to offend anyone but that is what that bike is people don't always know what they want and get what they think they need or what is popular. The bike does what it was meant to do get $$$ out of pockets & do so so job on street/off road. The best quote I read was "no true dirt bike has more than one cylinder." Is it fun yes but lets add weight every where, crash bars, cargo boxes that make it difficult to fit through some places & lets raise the center of gravity to an insane level. On paper sounds kind of silly but someone approved it and they caught on with the me to crowd. Cha Ching! Market and get some fair write ups and its a huge market revenue source.

Nastee just a tib bit the fuel is carried low / split cell with cross over line . Looking at the ktm from back while Kenny was riding Saturday its small . From the side , and front it gives this Huge appearance . The bikes slow speed manners are impeccable . Nearly every part from factory is a light part . Aluminum axle nuts for example .

I had a KTM 990 Adventure '09 with ABS for 3 years.
Yes they are large and tall, but I'm 5'11" and could flat foot it easily.
The power was OK, but a V-twin is never gonna rock my world like a Busa motor does!
I toured a bit on it, pretty comfy, but the front end was way to soft in the spring rate, causing a lot of dive under braking, which slows the brake reaction down considerably. I fitted some heavier springs and the forks improved a lot.
The rear brake is a floating rotor and very good, worked well.
It was a bitch to mount and dismount, especially in high winds, I got blown over in 70mph gales one time whilst trying to get off it. It was a real MF to pick up with all the luggage . . . and I was alone at the time! 3 attempts to get it up and finally did it.
I covered 30,000km in 3 years, maintenance costs were the same as any bike really, tyres were cheaper than Busa tyres lol.
Valve clearances were within spec (thank God!) when I checked them at 40K kms.
Only carried 18 liters of fuel, 9 l in each tank, range was about 250kmh.
It never broke down or let me down so it was a decent experience owning one of these.

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

Last edited:
Place aftermarket fuel filtration system on this KTM exactly like instructions, and video.
Customer cries about large aux fuel filter being seen. Wtf really dude? It should be where you can get to it. The 1190 with crash bars it a huge pain to pull tank especially on a trail. So he said can it be covered?
So I carbon fiber wrapped it.

View attachment 1590136

View attachment 1590137
Yep, it's frustrating when you have done a great job, followed instructions, taken time out to help someone . . and then they moan about something that doesn't really amount to much at all..
I replaced wheel bearings on the front wheel of a '05 GSXR750 for a local guy here in the town I live in.
He supplied the bearings and I asked for a dozen Heinekins for doing the job.
It was basically a favor, a cheap deal for him.
I test rode the bike, all good,
He called me up 2 weeks later and said it had a strange noise in the brakes since the work was done and could I look at it.
I could not find any thing AT ALL wrong with the bike.
He went away mumbling to himself, but never said any more about it.
Some people just need to moan about things . . for no good reason.

Back