Who else likes the factory body?

hayabusa-for-sale-3-728.jpg

:race:

hayabusa-specs-2-728.jpg

I never really noticed before, is the Gen 2 really almost a hundred pounds heavier than a Gen 1? What makes the weight difference?

100 extra lbs would have negated the power difference...
...and then some.....my bike doesn't feel that heavy. It doesn't feel much heavier than my Bandit really. Of course the full Yosh exhaust is a lot lighter than the boat anchor factory exhaust.

...and then some.....my bike doesn't feel that heavy. It doesn't feel much heavier than my Bandit really. Of course the full Yosh exhaust is a lot lighter than the boat anchor factory exhaust.
:lol: I typed 'and then some' and went back and edited it after doing my mental math. They carry their weight well, but it's there....

:lol: I typed 'and then some' and went back and edited it after doing my mental math. They carry their weight well, but it's there....
Too funny......

I personally like a little weight under me, I find they ride better and don't get pushed around as much by the wind. I rode a couple 600 sport bikes belonging to my boys and they were just too light, I would cringe when a pick up truck was coming toward me as I knew the wind would push me around.

Too funny......

I personally like a little weight under me, I find they ride better and don't get pushed around as much by the wind. I rode a couple 600 sport bikes belonging to my boys and they were just too light, I would cringe when a pick up truck was coming toward me as I knew the wind would push me around.
As a big guy I'm right there with you. I always feel like I'm perched on top of a small, light bike. Buddy had an 04 ZX10, fast as sh!t but twitchy. Would change direction if you just thought about turning. He loved it because of how it handled, buy I need something more linear and predictable.

As a big guy I'm right there with you. I always feel like I'm perched on top of a small, light bike. Buddy had an 04 ZX10, fast as sh!t but twitchy. Would change direction if you just thought about turning. He loved it because of how it handled, buy I need something more linear and predictable.

Over the years, I've learned speed is not everything. I like the Busa because I know it has it if I get on it but it is also refined and likes to cruise along at normal speeds with little to no fuss.

Those 1 k sport bikes and their siblings are too purposeful for my taste-much like a cruiser is too purposeful.

I'm going to have to buy a second Busa. Since mine is a very rare colour scheme I am trying very very hard to resist fiddling with it
But there are many things I would like to try
Problems problems
Jp

I'm going to have to buy a second Busa. Since mine is a very rare colour scheme I am trying very very hard to resist fiddling with it
But there are many things I would like to try
Problems problems
Jp

That's definitely a hard call to make. Perhaps pick up aftermarket plastics and keep all the parts you took off to mod so you can return it to stock.

Suzuki made a lot of Hayabusas and many countries got them so I'm not sure how much they will be collectible unless they are in showroom, never before ridden condition as a Limited Edition. I can buy a brand new 2017 for under $11k right now if I wanted.

That's definitely a hard call to make. Perhaps pick up aftermarket plastics and keep all the parts you took off to mod so you can return it to stock.

Suzuki made a lot of Hayabusas and many countries got them so I'm not sure how much they will be collectible unless they are in showroom, never before ridden condition as a Limited Edition. I can buy a brand new 2017 for under $11k right now if I wanted.

I may do what you suggest. It is not an official special edition It is just that they only brought in 15 white and red ones to Canada. I would guess that there may be150 in the US on the ten times rule
But I am interested in a new 2017 if you would care to share your seller

I may do what you suggest. It is not an official special edition It is just that they only brought in 15 white and red ones to Canada. I would guess that there may be150 in the US on the ten times rule
But I am interested in a new 2017 if you would care to share your seller
The seller is in Ottawa...I just looked at their ad and noted the price has gone up since Christmas...? $13,699 now but there are rebates..

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...sa/1388697033?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Back