Leaning towards this shock

Back in my day (cars I'll admit) drag shocks were all about weight transfer to the rear and pounding those slicks into the pavement. Controlled rebound damping was not of great concern
Do you think a shock designed for traction in acceleration with work well as an all around performance shock. Other than weight saving. Will the damping and compression be in sufficient range for sport riding

40 clicks of comp / rebound . I know it has no res but the weight reduction ;) only 4.5 pounds complete . I imagine the stock shock is 9 lb . Think since no track days just mostly touring / spirited mountain runs a few times a year this could fit the bill . Under a grand at that too !
https://store.schnitzracing.com/penske-lightweight-drag-shock/
My “like new” spare OEM arrives tomorrow. I’ll weight it and let you know.

sweet deal bud ! I was going to send you a message to see if you would do that for me . I couldn't find it online through several searches.
I’ll send you a message with the weight. I’m getting out of work in the morning and headed to Orlando, but when I get home Wednesday morning, I’ll weight it and let you know.

The valving on a drag shock is way different than a street shock!

As well to Mention, i can get the same shock in street form for you cheaper

Call me when you can.

^^^^
A0D2E17B-4D21-43C6-A4A7-45B8F2C281A7.jpeg

The ohlins shock feels lighter than the OEM shock. The forks are lighter also I believe. And they will make your ride sweeet!
I'm confirming that the FGRT208 +TTX36 combination is a lot lighter ( approx. 4kg saving ), and will certainly be an excellent choice , unless you drag race , although that might also be okay with tuning ???
DSCF1175.JPG

DSCF1274.JPG

Last edited:
I am sorry guys but I have to ask....HOW THE HELL does everyone have one of these scales??
If I ever needed to weigh something I would be making a trip to my local grocery and sneaking it on to the produce scale :lol:
I bought this one when I was on a strict eating plan and need to weight some of the food.

Back