2013 Hayabusa fuel pump no fuel filter

voodoodoo

Registered
Hi, just bought a 2013 busa after my 03 ended as scrapmetal due to an accident in the Austrian alps this autumn.

Anyway, i know of several people having trouble with the fueling because the strainer clogging up so i ordered a new one to change during regular maitenance.

So to the question. I Noticed a change in the fuel pump .. the 2013 has no fuel filter in it. The 08-12 had.

Is there a fuel filter anywhere else on the bike or du they send thee gunk straigt to the injectors??

Are you talking about the Strainer filter on the bottom?

The strainer is the same but on the pumps for b-king&busa from 08-12 there is also a wery expensive filter. on the 13- models this seems to be gone. so my quiestion is if there is no filter on the 13- models or do they have external filter mounted elsewere..
Hayabusa 2012 fuel pump.jpg

Hayabusa 2013 fuel pump.jpg

Correct the Gen 2 pumps only use the strainer!

Suzuki did away with the internal filter do to the lack of lifespan

Correct the Gen 2 pumps only use the strainer!

Suzuki did away with the internal filter do to the lack of lifespan

the "gen2 pump" is the one from 08-12.. the new one with strainer only is from 13-.. Might be an idea to mount a filter after pump and before the injectors then.. just to be safe..

the "gen2 pump" is the one from 08-12.. the new one with strainer only is from 13-.. Might be an idea to mount a filter after pump and before the injectors then.. just to be safe..
i dunno... I think Suzuki has figured out what works and what is unnecessary by now...

i dunno... I think Suzuki has figured out what works and what is unnecessary by now...
There are still some aspects of their engineering design life that can be improved to lengthen service life times.
Fitting an external filter is one of these examples. It's called 'added protection', a bit like Dirty Harry carrying a 44 magnum when the local precinct issued you with a 38 snub nose! :laugh:

There are still some aspects of their engineering design life that can be improved to lengthen service life times.
Fitting an external filter is one of these examples. It's called 'added protection', a bit like Dirty Harry carrying a 44 magnum when the local precinct issued you with a 38 snub nose! :laugh:
of course... u could also buy a bosch 044 fuel pump and run three filters...

Back