2019 S1000RR

I've been reading the hype for years about the S1000RR, so I took one (2016) for a test ride and wasn't impressed. Admittedly, it was the first (and only) liter bike I ever rode, and it was only for 30 minutes, so perhaps liter bikes aren't for me, but it didn't impress me enough to want one. I would like to test ride a current GSXR1000 and see if that's worth buying.

I've been reading the hype for years about the S1000RR, so I took one (2016) for a test ride and wasn't impressed. Admittedly, it was the first (and only) liter bike I ever rode, and it was only for 30 minutes, so perhaps liter bikes aren't for me, but it didn't impress me enough to want one. I would like to test ride a current GSXR1000 and see if that's worth buying.
If I was to test one, it would be a Zx10r. Once flashed they are incredibly fast.

From what I've read, the Beemer should stomp just about anything out there in stock form. There are lots of aftermarket power adders for the older models which pumps them up quite a bit.

I know they clean up in the Canadian Superbike series, the top 8 bikes are BMW.

My trackbike is a '16 S1000RR. While at one time they were at the top of the heap, in the last few years they've been eclipsed by the R1 and ZX10. Will this new model help them regain their popularity? I dunno. The added HP and torque are good, but where the RR lacked was really in turn in and corner agility.

We will see what the superbike shootout tests reveal. I never buy a bike in the first year, that's when all the gremlins show up and get fixed. Mine will be coming out of warranty about that time, and we'll see...I just know I want to ride one a few laps on the track to compare it.

My trackbike is a '16 S1000RR. While at one time they were at the top of the heap, in the last few years they've been eclipsed by the R1 and ZX10. Will this new model help them regain their popularity? I dunno. The added HP and torque are good, but where the RR lacked was really in turn in and corner agility.
We will see what the superbike shootout tests reveal. I never buy a bike in the first year, that's when all the gremlins show up and get fixed. Mine will be coming out of warranty about that time, and we'll see...I just know I want to ride one a few laps on the track to compare it.
Neighbour down the street has the '16 as well and he said about the same as you did-he will wait to see if it is worth changing. His RR has been a bit problematic but all warranty items...

Brembo Calipers are missing! Still good I would imagine, but when you're paying that much you should expect the best of the best!

It would be a wild ride I bet , I would like an Ohlins fork as standard like Ducati , if I was in the market . The BMW hasn't been close to winning an Australian Superbike series for a number of years , but have always been fast , but not as polished handler as the other contenders .

I've never ridden with my neighbour but know some friends that have, his bike is real fast they say. I know it has a pipe on it but not sure what else...it sure looks fast.

I do know it threw a code and went into limp mode, he had to truck it 100 miles to the BMW dealership to fix it....it still looked fast in the back of the pick up...

My friend owns an MV dealership and they do tons of work on BMW bikes.
Tuning, rebuilds etc. They seem to be high maintenance bikes.

Back