Zx14's are SUPER HOT ! Battery tender warning !

c10

Registered
On site reparing fire alarm panels from severe storms ( lighting damage) while this garage F/A system was down a police officers ZX14 plugged in battery tender developed a leak / shorted / and caught bike on fire.
DSC_5807.JPG

DSC_5806.JPG

Messaging1540922882310.jpg

DSC_5805.JPG

DSC_5804.JPG

On site reparing fire alarm panels from severe storms ( lighting damage) while this garage F/A system was down a police officers ZX14 plugged in battery tender developed a leak / shorted / and caught bike on fire. View attachment 1587224

View attachment 1587225

View attachment 1587226

View attachment 1587227

View attachment 1587228

The tender developed a leak? I’ve used Deltran tenders for decades w/o a problem. One up and died once but the others have always worked fine. I have a different brand for my lithium battery Busa though.

More than likely a combination of water and power surge. Based on the smoke damage and water pattern, the garage door motor is where the fire started.

Not according to Fire marshal ;) the apartment maintenance put it out with several ABC Extinguishers

In some ways we were....I recall the days of points and condensers and daily bike fixing.
I for one would LOVE a kick start option..... and if some are tooo skinny and weak to make it work.. boo for them... a real man could kick over a busa… and never be stranded

I for one would LOVE a kick start option..... and if some are tooo skinny and weak to make it work.. boo for them... a real man could kick over a busa… and never be stranded

My first bike was when I was a teenager in vietnam, and they were all 50-250 cc hondas that were kick start lol. I loved it.

In some ways we were....I recall the days of points and condensers and daily bike fixing.

Funny you mention that. I used to be a shift manager at a part store. Training rookies was fun because we would set them up with a "customer" that came in to get points and condensers. They had no clue where to look nor what they were.

They even took pull starts off snowmobiles.....I'd rather not be stranded in the middle of nowhere with a wolf licking my arse thank you....

You should retro-fit a kickstarter on your Busa-it'd be one of a kind.

Unless you put hi comp jugs in the holes a lot of Japanese motors are surprisingly easy to kick over. Friend of mine had a single cam Honda 750. He could start it by pushing the kick starter by hand. Cost me a ten dollar bill to watch. because i lost the bet :)

They even took pull starts off snowmobiles.....I'd rather not be stranded in the middle of nowhere with a wolf licking my arse thank you....

You should retro-fit a kickstarter on your Busa-it'd be one of a kind.
maybe itll be an option on the gen3...lol

Back