List of bikes u guys crashed

2005 had to take the ditch on my 88 Honda Hurricane lady pulled out in front of me rear passenger peg bracket sliced my calf muscle out of work for 6 weeks

Ok from the beginning and the list is not complete and several are multiples, Brigg and Stratton mini bike, CR250, KX250, 400 Maico, H1, Z1, Ducati Darmah, GS1000, GS750, CR500, FJ600, 600 Ninja, GPZ750, GSXR1100, CBR600, ZX10 and last but not least Harley Road King. 50 years of riding with 15 years of MX and road racing.

Ok from the beginning and the list is not complete and several are multiples, Brigg and Stratton mini bike, CR250, KX250, 400 Maico, H1, Z1, Ducati Darmah, GS1000, GS750, CR500, FJ600, 600 Ninja, GPZ750, GSXR1100, CBR600, ZX10 and last but not least Harley Road King. 50 years of riding with 15 years of MX and road racing.

You've crashed 18 bikes?:crazy:

When you race, you crash its part of the game. Rossi, Bayliss, Schwantz, Hannah, Carmichael (not that I could even think of breathing the rare air they breath) hit the ground many times in their career.
Only 4 of those bikes I crashed on the street.
The 600 Ninja and the CR500 were the worse offenders at the racetracks, I think those 2 were cursed.

Kx125 on a massive dirt jump friend & I kept making better by digging out take off inserted two 55 gallon barrells next to each other laying down followed by a 3rd on top of those. Made crazy high jumps but kept pushing it further over weeks. Was alone one day wanted to hit the jump in 3rd gear; spun around 1st, 2nd, 3rd and hit the power band at bottom of jump. Definately not intended, result was about 25-30 ft up in the air let go of the bike since there was no way to level it out & landing was out of the question. So I am sky walking in what felt like slow motion after letting go ground comes up land on feet roll and hit right side. Had on hard sole boots not that it would have mattered, didn't break anything but took a thumping had a brusied heal down to the bone and couldn't walk for weeks. You have to get out of the woods so here I am trying to kick start the bike tip toe on good foot while kicking with the bad fell right over several times and got it going on the 5th or 7th attempt cause I wasn't leaving my bike & new I couldn't push it. So hero to zero I rode it out side saddle since my right foot was so jacked. That was a hospital trip.

1991 GSX-R 750 black and purple was my 1st street bike! I was 21 and wild with crazy riding friends that were competive. I go for a summers day ride alone it was super hot so I don't wear the leather coat I always wore rode all over few hundred miles. Coming back slow moving car in front of me on a straightaway on a rode not that familure with. I decide to pass & see a 5.0 Mustang oncoming but am not concerned since i'm on one of the fastest production bikes at the time. I drop down 2 gears am pulling the car that really wasn't going that slow i'm in 4th and tapped out and the gap disappears I pass said car on the double yellow line as the blue Mustang is on me already. What I did't figure is that the whole time the 5.0 was accelerating well over 80mph which is why I ran out of real estate out of no where. Two guys in 5.0 were amped up fying excited to see a bike going at it & as we pass each other (remember yellow line) to my horror the driver fist pumping out the window reaches out and tryies to Hi Five me on the bike. He is doing at least 85 & me about 130 towards him!!! I actually screach a little pull my left side in as close as posible, think I let go of the left handel bar & leaned away. I made it passed dumbfounded that the driver had no idea that contact would have taken his arm clean off and sent me off the road like a sling shot at best. But no crash but did I let that stop me? Of corse not I brushed it off and continued.

So almost home I have been riding on the street for 2 months only & haven't learned restraint yet on a bike. Two lane road that is backed up due to a car fire/fire department. They put it out we start moving and the red Jimmy in front of me is doing like 40 in a 50mph zone. I want to go drop down into 2nd zip doing 95mph (best guess) along side this ladies door & she makes a hard left turn in to a road side resteraunt with a long pull in area. Stike one no leather, two lacking road experience, three going way to fast, four the unexpected abrupt move. I am next this woman a foot an half away as she turns into me. I turn with her i'm on the rear break & the front at the same time (lweek later saw I had left 2 skid marks one from each tire)while turning with a suv along side me making a 45 degree turn. I ended up hitting the front fender just said F-it how much more can I do & gave up. I hit the front not the side window which was very posible. She didn't even know I was there untill I went over the hood I don't think. I am doing my superman impression then do a forward flip at least 45/50mph don't remember hitting the pavement on my Azz but do remember rolling around hearing the bike climb up over that Suv hood & tumbling after me hoping it did not land on me, very disturbing sound; quick math 457pds or was it 547? Looked up in time to see one of those large white plastic signs with 4 metal legs in the parking lot for specials. Tucked my right shoulder turned my back toward it an instant before impact & it just exploded into pieces I never even felt it. Rolled back over actually said F-this got to a kneeling on all fours position and just held it and pushed downward(thankfully always did sports, karate & worked out). I flew/slid across about 140 ft of parking lot to the grass rolled up to my feet fluidly while throwing my gloves/helmet off & began walking back toward the jimmy like the Terminator! Now the accident was my fault but I was not in a rational state of mind & thought she had tried to kill me, totaled my brand new bike & I was going to yank her threw the window in front of her 3 kids & most likely kill her. Luckily a friends father a large power lifter use to take us to his gym when we were in highschool . He was leaving the resterant with his wife as the accident happened in front of them, he left his wife saw what was going to happen and met me halfway to the woman's vehical then called my name & asked where I was going. What a site that must have been seeing someone fly over SUV, through air, sign, across entire parking lot then dragging leg (Bruised heal again badly) determined to reach the one who did this. My reply was I'm going over there to Kill that biiich! Mr. Wallace he was over 320pds big enough I could not see past him to well and he talked me down some how. He saved her life & mine that day. I later realized I was responsible I was going so fast wittnesses said they never even saw my signal & neither did the other driver. What this man & wife had wittnessed from the steps of that resturant haunted me. I thanked him apoligized and sent his wife big $ flowers since I felt so badly. So bruised R-heal, dislocated pinky, 1st two fingers jamed blew up real big from pushing down to stop, road rash forearm, ticep, shoulder, spot on back, no jacket, wife beatter but had helmet, metal studded palmed gloves & leather backpack which saved a lot of skin. I knew that I was really banged up when the EMT worker poured straight alcohal down my rashed arm I lit into him asked were he got his F-ing training. He looked me in the eye stated that was just regular water; that's when I shut up & sat down in the ambulance let them do their jobs. I did not ride for many years after this accident bought a truck and only worked on friends bikes.

96c.i. Harley back in around '93(hit intentionally by a drunk punk),broke right femur in 5 places.2002 Busa in '02,car pulled out in front of me and hit it broadside at 60 mph(broke all kinds of stuff[pelvis,left hand,nose,etc.,etc.,etc.]and spent 2 mos. in hospital),bought '03 Busa with insurance money.:laugh:2011 Busa in May of this year when an old geezer blew through a Stop sign a few blocks from the house,torn AC joint in left shoulder and bunged up left hand(was a low speed impact and only had to replace left side fairing,front cowling,shifter linkage,etc.),so far have collected $10,000 insurance money...and waiting on more.:laugh: :banana:

96c.i. Harley back in around '93(hit intentionally by a drunk punk),broke right femur in 5 places.2002 Busa in '02,car pulled out in front of me and hit it broadside at 60 mph(broke all kinds of stuff[pelvis,left hand,nose,etc.,etc.,etc.]and spent 2 mos. in hospital),bought '03 Busa with insurance money.:laugh:2011 Busa in May of this year when an old geezer blew through a Stop sign a few blocks from the house,torn AC joint in left shoulder and bunged up left hand(was a low speed impact and only had to replace left side fairing,front cowling,shifter linkage,etc.),so far have collected $10,000 insurance money...and waiting on more.:laugh::banana:
No joke I know you are a big guy & getting Tboned is really bad. Heck just falling when you are tall/big hurts. So i can tell that u are resiliant & love riding. Yes you have alot more $ headed ur way from that one i"m sure. Glad you can tell the tale. Hope others can gain knowledge from them but I know I didn't want to hear it as a young new rider on a street bike. Whole nother ball game than on dirt. Old timer tried to educate me that its what others do unexpectedly around a rider that is a problem. I disregarded him thinking he doesn't now me how long i have been riding or have any idea how good i am that happens to people that make mistakes! If i could go back in time I couldn't have been more mistaken. Now i'm the older guy life is funny ain't it.?

No joke I know you are a big guy & getting Tboned is really bad. Heck just falling when you are tall/big hurts. So i can tell that u are resiliant & love riding. Yes you have alot more $ headed ur way from that one i"m sure. Glad you can tell the tale. Hope others can gain knowledge from them but I know I didn't want to hear it as a young new rider on a street bike. Whole nother ball game than on dirt. Old timer tried to educate me that its what others do unexpectedly around a rider that is a problem. I disregarded him thinking he doesn't now me how long i have been riding or have any idea how good i am that happens to people that make mistakes! If i could go back in time I couldn't have been more mistaken. Now i'm the older guy life is funny ain't it.?

To tell you the truth bro,I'm more worried about eating it on my dirt bike(CRF 450R),when I go down my 265 lbs. hits hard,practically leaving a crater.:laugh:What I wouldn't give to be about 40 years younger and a 100 lbs. lighter for MX tracks,those lightweight youngsters just bounce when they eat it.:super:

To tell you the truth bro,I'm more worried about eating it on my dirt bike(CRF 450R),when I go down my 265 lbs. hits hard,practically leaving a crater.:laugh:What I wouldn't give to be about 40 years younger and a 100 lbs. lighter for MX tracks,those lightweight youngsters just bounce when they eat it.:super:
Had a CR500 bored 40 over with DG pipe trick carb on & on. I am only 230lbs but 5 ft 8. Have seen my brother-in-law fall & it looked like a building falling 6ft 8 315lbs hurt me just watching. No big deal when young 165 & in shape hit the dirt get up & dust off.

Had a CR500 bored 40 over with DG pipe trick carb on & on. I am only 230lbs but 5 ft 8. Have seen my brother-in-law fall & it looked like a building falling 6ft 8 315lbs hurt me just watching. No big deal when young 165 & in shape hit the dirt get up & dust off.

:laugh: :thumbsup:

1993 CBR 900. Riding like a jerk all day doing stand up wheelies as this bike was built for wheelies. Guess I was pushing it a little too far. Went over backwards and slid down the street on my elbows. My first experience with road rash. They knocked me out at the hospital to clean my arms. Woke up in bandages. Immediately upon leaving the hospital, I drove to the bike and began taking off broken parts to order replacements. Then the meds wore off. Fixed the bike and the first time I rode it, I came off some wet grass and dropped it again at about 1mph. Walked away and sold it.

Last time I crashed was on my current Busa. Was out riding maxing the bike on the highway. Stopped for gas then started out again. Felt off and tried to pull over before passing out. Made it to the side of the highway but hit the curb at 45mph which threw me off the bike and headfirst into the ground. Was out cold at that point but have the entire conversation with passerby’s and the cops on video on my GoPro. They asked me who the president was I said Bush. It was 2015. Kept asking the cop where I was. Called my wife and told her I was in an accident then said I gotta go and hung up. She called back immediately and asked where I was and I told her I didn’t know despite the cop telling me 20 times. Then I asked how she knew I got in an accident. Right about there the video cut off and the next thing I knew I was in Boston Medical Center. I lost about 24 hrs of memory and suffered with the worst thing I’ve ever had for the next couple years. It was my third major concussion and it took about 2 years to stop having memory loss and days where I couldn’t function. But the best thing was they found kidney cancer at BMC so I was able to remove a stage 3 tumor and some of my left kidney. Healthy as a horse now. No cancer and only minor memory issues.

1993 CBR 900. Riding like a jerk all day doing stand up wheelies as this bike was built for wheelies. Guess I was pushing it a little too far. Went over backwards and slid down the street on my elbows. My first experience with road rash. They knocked me out at the hospital to clean my arms. Woke up in bandages. Immediately upon leaving the hospital, I drove to the bike and began taking off broken parts to order replacements. Then the meds wore off. Fixed the bike and the first time I rode it, I came off some wet grass and dropped it again at about 1mph. Walked away and sold it.

Last time I crashed was on my current Busa. Was out riding maxing the bike on the highway. Stopped for gas then started out again. Felt off and tried to pull over before passing out. Made it to the side of the highway but hit the curb at 45mph which threw me off the bike and headfirst into the ground. Was out cold at that point but have the entire conversation with passerby’s and the cops on video on my GoPro. They asked me who the president was I said Bush. It was 2015. Kept asking the cop where I was. Called my wife and told her I was in an accident then said I gotta go and hung up. She called back immediately and asked where I was and I told her I didn’t know despite the cop telling me 20 times. Then I asked how she knew I got in an accident. Right about there the video cut off and the next thing I knew I was in Boston Medical Center. I lost about 24 hrs of memory and suffered with the worst thing I’ve ever had for the next couple years. It was my third major concussion and it took about 2 years to stop having memory loss and days where I couldn’t function. But the best thing was they found kidney cancer at BMC so I was able to remove a stage 3 tumor and some of my left kidney. Healthy as a horse now. No cancer and only minor memory issues.
From one Greg to another messed up experience. You must have had cancer 4 awhile & never new. It was lucky they found it . I can relate some. I was forgetting things & hand no idea why. Got to the point at work I was forgetting important parts of tasks I thought i had completed. Finally I went 2 doctor told her this & that I didn't feel like myself. Blood test showed vitamin D deficiency. 4 years go by find out have cancer numbers off the charts & that my doctor never tested for it. Only found out after stuff stopped functioning my PSA # was 252 out of a max of 20. So 12 × 20 + an extra 12 points. Wasn't eligible for surgery for even some how 3 months passed was able to have surgery followed by radiation for 2 months 5 days a week. At 14 months cancer free so far but still forget little things like putting something some where and later having no recollection at all. Hey we are lucky to even be here at all & I look at life alot differently because of it.

1st. My brothers yamaha rxs100. Messing about on a Easter Sunday and slid on gravel. No gear on... Ouch.
2nd. Honda vfr800. On a track day day having a great dice with a r6 all day. He goes down, and I keep going, 3 corners later on a very fast left I ran in miles to hot and it went from under me. Fortunately it slide away and didn't filp.taped to up and rode it home for 2hrs with no left foot peg... Changed fairings and rode for 3 more years before my brother took it.
3rd Yamaha thunderace. He after buying it, following my wife home, cars all stop in front of her, I don't, up and over... Yes plenty of jokes about slamming my wife's ass.
4th. Yamaha Thunderace. Leaving my house for work, not even 100yrds away I high side on ice. Ouch. Rebuilt again.
5th. Going too fast coming home from work, tractor pulls out, I swerve to miss him clipping the bail of hay on the back and bounce into the verge/wall still on it, drag along the wall, hammering my right leg, manage to pull outta the verge before I hit the signage now approaching too fast for my liking. Just about keep it up. Fairing smashed to pieces, leathers scuffed and knee slider broken! Park up and about to drag the driver from The tractor to find its a 15yr old girl driving. Just walked off. In fairness the guy that owns the land came down about a hour later with the daughter to see If I was OK, by that moment I was already repairing my fairings... He put his hand in his pocket for the damage but in all honesty I know that they hadn't a pot to puss in and it would cost me a bit of paint that's all. I've made about 20x the amount in work his sent my way since so not too bad.

1st crash on 750 GSX-R. Leaving work with buds 10:30 at night out of u shaped parking lot with bunch of co-workers standing around. Showing off 1st revs motor takes turn 2nd cracks killer wheelie takes turn. I like wheelies but decide against it get on gas shift 1st to 2nd & those bikes were brutally aggressive/ raw had wheelied doing this 2 up prior. The frames flexed & tires were not not great in 1991 if you remember. Power kicks in shifting to 2nd new rider going way to fast to quickly end up on edge of turn moving see gravel think will go down if try leaning on that so don't try big mistake. Go of road though big x-mass tree base bike goes down to left i end up on top of bike going through 2nd tree. I really showed everyone something & maintenance man was pissed that i tore up the trees. Call police for report have to NJ for insurance ; they show my bike is messed up i am upset embarrassed & 1 cop is constantly giving me shots about crashing with three others next to him. My mother had to give me a ride i let the 1st three remarks go he kept going & i snapped. Would have gone to jail for fighting all of them if mother didn't get me out of his face after i threatened bodily harm. Was 21 a bad ass that liked to fight and had lot of work to do with temper over next 3 years.

in 2000 my wife was tired of me taking off for 6+ hour bicycle rides. She said, You should get back into motorcycles, So I bought a used 96 FZR1000 45 minutes later it was totaled I stopped at a red light guy in car behind did not
I Jogged home 4 miles :-) I hated running then

I also wrecked GixerHP's 86 GSXR750 in 86 so I bought the exact same bike and swapped all the parts

Back