Don't tell the Dr!

Getn off

Registered
Couldn't take it any longer. Had to give the 2 wheeled girls some loving!
Not sure if I mentioned this, but I had back surgery about 9 weeks ago. 2 herniated and 1 slipped disc between L-3 and 5. That surgery went well, but I also had an issue with my L-5/S1. Recovery has been hit and miss. Monday had 6 needles into these joints via X rays. Not as bad is it sounds. Actually feeling damn good since Tuesday. Doc says at least another month before fun stuff likes bikes and sports cars. Shhhhhhh!
Spent some time sponge bathing the girls, and running them around the block (4 mile circle actually).
Even ran the mini bike! And the woman HAD to have this doggie bike trailer for "Lotus." I laughed, but it works great and the dog loved it!
Was a good day! What is funny is that while taking a shower this morning I decided I will do this. I was giddy for an hour! Lol
Troy
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's the attitude bro , sometimes you gotta do what you want , when you want , and stuff what Dr. Feelgood says !! I like the puppies ride , looks very happy in that trailer setup . No wonder you got triggered to ride , you got a nice selection of choices right there !!

C10, I hear ya, bit I had that urge. My buddy had a similar surgery, and had to have it redone because he ignor mr doc. I am feeling pretty good, so I thought an easy ride wouldn't hurt anything.
Toad, thanks bro. Lucky to have such an understanding wife. Guess she figures a few "mistresses" like these is better than the other kind! And Lotus really enjoyed the trailer! Bought it mainly for our new venture of RVing! It breaks down nice to fit in the storage area.
Troy

It was great reading your post Troy. I'm glad you had a great day and continuing to recover well.

I've been wanting to upgrade from my C50 Boulevard to a M109. As a M109 and Busa owner, you are a person whose opinion will have great value when comparing the two.

Of course, I'm not expecting the 109 to accelerate, handle or have the same power delivery as a Busa. Though does the 109 have a "WOW" or "OMG" cruiser experience ?

Apologies for jumping in. Thought I'd add my 2c worth..
I have an '07 M109 and a '14 Busa. Love em both.
The 9 definatly has the wow factor - no question about it. Pulls like a stream train.
Muscle it and pick a good line and it'll shoot out of a corner under a tidlewave of torque. Many times we have the tail drifting as we ride the torque out of the corner. It's an addictive thing. One of the guys we ride with has a C109 and he has both arse cheeks hanging of the side in the twistie stuff.

But then I take the Busa out and it's like an extension of me. Me and it work in harmony. I think, it actions. The Busa just works. And it doesn't smash my back on every small bump like the 9 does.

Fish has a eat review. I will add that I do love the nine. If it ever came down to dropping 1 or the other, sad to say the Busa would remain in the man cave...even tho the 9 is a badass ride.
Funny he mentions the smash on the back from the 9. To me, it is not a very comfy bike. I have a gel seat, but it just feels hard on the lower back all of the time. I feel the sport bike stance is actually comfy. Kinda stretches the lower back. I use the nine to bar hop and attend shows. Great for that, but terrible for long distance freeway jonts. Always feels like ur holding a 4x8 sheet of plywood vertical! Also only 5 forward gears. Don't get me wrong, I will prolly never get rid of her as it is just giddy to ride and looks badass!
I have owned a c-50 and that is a really great bike. Never felt underpowered to me at all. But game off when u move up to this beast. It will def feel heavier, but really not too bad, even slow parking lot speds. But if it starts to go over, u will not save it!
To answer ur question, yes the nine def has a wow and omg feel, more so than any other bike I have ridden actually. U will not be unhappy with the move I guarantee!
To me, they are the absolute best combo if u can only have 2 (or lucky to have two!) bikes.... 9 for tooling around town, and the Bus for long cruises or speed fixes!
Feel free to pm me with any other Qs.
Troy
image.jpeg

C10, I hear ya, bit I had that urge. My buddy had a similar surgery, and had to have it redone because he ignor mr doc. I am feeling pretty good, so I thought an easy ride wouldn't hurt anything.
Toad, thanks bro. Lucky to have such an understanding wife. Guess she figures a few "mistresses" like these is better than the other kind! And Lotus really enjoyed the trailer! Bought it mainly for our new venture of RVing! It breaks down nice to fit in the storage area.
Troy

Wait...There's another kind? :lol:

I just now read the post. holy crap. HEAL UP! but take it easy. I had the same thing in c4 and c5. I was out of service for 3 months. It was tinder for a couple of years really. That said it was sooooo worth it.

Thx jc. I feel about 75% during the day and about 50% during the night. Slow to get going still, but getting better. I went back to work right before week 6. No manual labor, and I was going stir crazy at home.
I am just now hitting the 3 month mark. Cant wait to get the all clear.
Troy

I thought upgrading to the M109 from the C50 would be a good move. My C50 is very comfortable on long rides, why isn't the M109 ?

Does it just need a windscreen and highway pegs ? Or do the bars need to be changed ?

Couldn't take it any longer. Had to give the 2 wheeled girls some loving!
Not sure if I mentioned this, but I had back surgery about 9 weeks ago. 2 herniated and 1 slipped disc between L-3 and 5. That surgery went well, but I also had an issue with my L-5/S1. Recovery has been hit and miss. Monday had 6 needles into these joints via X rays. Not as bad is it sounds. Actually feeling damn good since Tuesday. Doc says at least another month before fun stuff likes bikes and sports cars. Shhhhhhh!
Spent some time sponge bathing the girls, and running them around the block (4 mile circle actually).
Even ran the mini bike! And the woman HAD to have this doggie bike trailer for "Lotus." I laughed, but it works great and the dog loved it!
Was a good day! What is funny is that while taking a shower this morning I decided I will do this. I was giddy for an hour! Lol
Troy
View attachment 1586276

View attachment 1586284

View attachment 1586286

View attachment 1586287

View attachment 1586288

View attachment 1586289

View attachment 1586290

View attachment 1586291

View attachment 1586292

View attachment 1586293
Ddude dont't get busted!

I thought upgrading to the M109 from the C50 would be a good move. My C50 is very comfortable on long rides, why isn't the M109 ?

Does it just need a windscreen and highway pegs ? Or do the bars need to be changed ?

Believe it or not, the 50 was more comfortable on longer rides. Not sure why really. I have a sport and full windshield and neither do much honestly. Should sell them both. Any screen on a 9 looks like hell.
Again, love the 9, but just not a great touring bike. Perfect bike to get a rush or show off tho!
Troy

Believe it or not, the 50 was more comfortable on longer rides. Not sure why really. I have a sport and full windshield and neither do much honestly. Should sell them both. Any screen on a 9 looks like hell.
Again, love the 9, but just not a great touring bike. Perfect bike to get a rush or show off tho!
Troy

Didn’t the C50 used to be named the LC, known as the 1500cc Lounge Chair. A Harley lookalike bagger kinda bike? That’s why they’re comfy.:D I’m looking at an 06 109 with 199 miles on it. Seems too heavy to suit me and probably won’t corner easily right? Sure is beautiful though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Suzuk...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Yep, the 50 is more comfortable. The nine is an amaizing bike, just not in the comfort department.
I wouldn't be afraid of an old bike with low miles at all. Flush the fluids, and grab some rubber. Btw, rubber aint cheap on it... I have a Dunny 280 on the rear and a 160 on the front.
Cornering. Nope. I am lowered 2", so that makes it worse. Even new, it scrapes pegs on every corner. Big n heavy, but like a slingshot on exit! Run with sportbikes every so often and they are just amazed with it as it actually outruns many of them (straight line!). Well, up untill about 50 anyway!
Troy

Whoop whoop!
Last doc visit yesterday and he gave me the green light! Still gonna be another few months before I'm 100%, but I'll take it!
I am feeling around 75%...closer to 50% right after I wake up tho.
Gained 20 lbs in the last 6 months. Lost 22, but nothing fits right. Lost a bunch of muscle. Time for gym and PT also. Afraid to measure, but was sitting at around 15% bf. Prolly close to 20 now. Argh. When wife competes, I usually follow her routine and diet and get down to 8% @ 180 lbs (6'2") which is way too lean for my liking.
Troy

Back