Replacement Battery Size

Cpt_Caveman

Registered
Alright everyone, what battery size do I need to use for the bike? The one that’s in there now is a tx9 with only 120 cca. Seems low. Online I see a CTX12-bs fab from autozone that puts out 180, however is much taller. At just over 5 inches taller, I’m worried it won’t fit. Trying to get something in the next couple days, so ordering online isn’t really an option. Any suggestions from Autozone, advance, or Oreilly on what will fit it, or can anyone confirm a battery just over 5 inches will fit.
Thanks

Space under the seat is pretty limited my friend... I don't think a battery that is 5 inches TALLER than stock will fit. But, if you have kids... or a walmart near by... grab some Playdoh and add 5 inches to the top of your battery and see if you can still get the seat to fit without it deforming.

Depending on if you have a gen1 or gen2, the battery is a little different. But a YTX12A-BS (Gen 1) can be ordered through Walmart for $70 with 2 day shipping to a local store for free... and if you have a Gen 2 a YTX12-BS equivalent could be ordered from Lowes for about the same price. (It was a Deka brand... which I've never used... but the specs are identical to Yuasa with 180cca)...

Either route you go, good luck. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Alright everyone,
what battery size
do I need to use
for the bike ?

The one that is in there now
is a tx9 with only 120 cca .

Seems low .

Online I see a CTX12-bs fab
from autozone that puts out 180,
however is much taller .

At just over 5 inches taller,
I am worried it won’t fit .

Trying to get something in the next couple days,
so ordering online isn’t really an option .

Any suggestions from Autozone,
Advance, or Oreilly on what will fit it,
or can anyone confirm a battery
just over 5 inches will fit .

Thanks .

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/replacement-battery-gen-1-which-is-best.153087/

We have a fantastic search engine ~^~ or just remove it & bring it into the store *

logo.jpg

Space under the seat is pretty limited my friend... I don't think a battery that is 5 inches TALLER than stock will fit. But, if you have kids... or a walmart near by... grab some Playdoh and add 5 inches to the top of your battery and see if you can still get the seat to fit without it deforming.

Depending on if you have a gen1 or gen2, the battery is a little different. But a YTX12A-BS (Gen 1) can be ordered through Walmart for $70 with 2 day shipping to a local store for free... and if you have a Gen 2 a YTX12-BS equivalent could be ordered from Lowes for about the same price. (It was a Deka brand... which I've never used... but the specs are identical to Yuasa with 180cca)...

Either route you go, good luck. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:
Sorry, that was a bad edit but was supposed to read just over 5 inches Tall, not taller. I believe the dimension is 5 and 1/8. I’ll check the dimensions on the YTX12A-bs (I have a gen 1) and go from there. Much apppreciated!

Sorry, that was a bad edit but was supposed to read just over 5 inches Tall, not taller. I believe the dimension is 5 and 1/8. I’ll check the dimensions on the YTX12A-bs (I have a gen 1) and go from there. Much apppreciated!

Hi. Frank at Powerhouse can get you just what you need he has batteries up to 720 cca. That is the one I will be using.

Alright everyone, what battery size do I need to use for the bike? The one that’s in there now is a tx9 with only 120 cca. Seems low. Online I see a CTX12-bs fab from autozone that puts out 180, however is much taller. At just over 5 inches taller, I’m worried it won’t fit. Trying to get something in the next couple days, so ordering online isn’t really an option. Any suggestions from Autozone, advance, or Oreilly on what will fit it, or can anyone confirm a battery just over 5 inches will fit.
Thanks
This is the tallest I’ve had under the seat on my 2009.
9A956F60-B781-430C-AE82-D1F552B13B1D.jpeg

54BFE229-B44C-41E7-ADD8-4AA8F2758292.jpeg

B9BBD0D6-8628-44AD-8060-9ACC3C5C09D3.jpeg

BA1E79F8-2703-4385-9D2F-429110D03617.jpeg

Back