Best exhaust for gen 2

Still have yet to find a Micron Serpent set for my bike so I found my next unicorn....

....titanium Yoshi Hepta Force slip ons.

Yoshimura Japan makes a full dual exhaust for the Busa, with cf mufflers.
But not the cheapest or easiest thing to find either.
If you can find old posts by Don Hardcastle, he had several pics of it, and was going to buy one.

Thanks for your input. I had a ti-force on my gen 1 it was magnificent.

View attachment 1586464
That is a real tasty Gen 1 bro , I notice that nice set of front calipers ,
Yoshimura Japan makes a full dual exhaust for the Busa, with cf mufflers.
But not the cheapest or easiest thing to find either.
If you can find old posts by Don Hardcastle, he had several pics of it, and was going to buy one.
On sale right now on webike japan
https://japan.webike.net/products/2094681.html
Like six says not cheap !!

That is a real tasty Gen 1 bro , I notice that nice set of front calipers ,

On sale right now on webike japan
https://japan.webike.net/products/2094681.html
Like six says not cheap !!

Wow, that full dual Yoshimura has catalytic converters/catalizers in the X pipe!
I've never seen an aftermarket full system with them before!
I'll *assume* that's Japanese emission regulations??(since that's a Japanese market exhaust).
Regardless, I'de buy(and have owned) a full dual Akropovic. No cats, and a little cheaper.
And, next time I go unicorn hunting, I'll just ask the old Toad where they're all hiding.

Last edited:
I did a search but found nothing on a compilation of aftermarket exhaust hp increases to identify which exhaust makes the most power. I would imagine most full exhausts should be similar in hp increases, and most slip on exhaust should be similar.

How it sounds is a personal thing, I am not a fan of real loud exhaust but others are obviously.

Does such a compilation exist?

I did a search but found nothing on a compilation of aftermarket exhaust hp increases to identify which exhaust makes the most power. I would imagine most full exhausts should be similar in hp increases, and most slip on exhaust should be similar.

How it sounds is a personal thing, I am not a fan of real loud exhaust but others are obviously.

Does such a compilation exist?

From what I've seen over the years, there are lots of variables to consider, dyno, tuner, elavation, weather, individual bike, blah, blah.
Most aftermarket exhausts make similiar numbers, but Brocks, Akropovic, and Ti-Force, as well as the side exit, and the old HMF Big Birds, seemed to make a little more than the competition.
You could also argue what's best for the street(useable power throughout the rpm range) vs a drag pipe(making more power higher up).
But it really does boil down to just whatever you like best. In most cases(with full systems) you're not really going to feel alot of difference between pipes.
Maybe the placebo effect if you switch to something louder.
For hard facts, this is more of a PowerHouse question. What have they typically seen for non turbo exhausts(when tuned).

Wow, that full dual Yoshimura has catalytic converters/catalizers in the X pipe!
I've never seen an aftermarket full system with them before!
I'll *assume* that's Japanese emission regulations??(since that's a Japanese market exhaust).
Regardless, I'de buy(and have owned) a full dual Akropovic. No cats, and a little cheaper.
And, next time I go unicorn hunting, I'll just ask the old Toad where they're all hiding.
Yeah , I seen that on another pipe for their Jap market models also , I think you maybe able to contact Yoshi about some sort of delete / freedom fix ... Anyway , the other full Ti 4-1 Racing Yoshimura pipe , the real deal absolutely beautiful titanium exhaust , the ultimate grail pipe for me , just because it is so hard to afford / justify !!
I stick to my CT Meg Brocks , the absolutely lightest exhaust out there !!

As sixpack and others have said, exhaust is purely subjective. Even sound clips aren't 100% reliable because the hardware you're listening through has limitations. I've had a gutted Yosh full system (raspy), Muzzy full system (loud and deep),unbaffled Muzzy sidewinder (effin LOUD) and now a high dollar whistly thingie (quieter than the sidewinder, but still loud). Each sounded good in their own way, and made power, but the delivery was different. I have video clips of the sidewinder at the track and the turbo running down the road, but again sound clips are limited.....Best think to do is find someone local who's bike sounds like what you want and see what setup they have. Also keep in mind what it sounds like riding is completely different than what others hear while you ride.

Sorry man, didn't know he sold it!

That’s me lol

6C5CDE83-B6E1-4562-85F0-8C97AE1FE8F4.jpeg

Back