Painted Inner Panels

JPunisher

Registered
Got my inners painted on my 08 Black/Orange. Below are some pics that I got from my painter. He did an excellent job with the stripes on the inners. You can see that he tied everything together (stripes, orange and black sections of the fairings). Everything looks like it belongs. I am very happy with the outcome. The first image looks like the stripe is slightly off but it's really the angle of the picture.

1_zps1d459a3a.jpg

Close-up of the left side.
5_zps2d9da369.jpg

Right side.
4_zps23e7708f.jpg

Front fender.
3_zpse521bbb2.jpg

Mirrors
6_zpsd45c86e4.jpg

JPunisher

Looks fantastic and really completes the theme. Such a pretty color! :thumbsup:

I love the color but it is a pain in the :moon: to paint. You really need a good painter that can work with candy paints, and of course it is more expensive since you require more paint coats (primer, silver base with candy max orange then clear) and the cost of an experienced painter. It is very easy to screw this paint job up. The more coats you give it, the darker it gets. One screw up and you need to start over. A good painter will be able to give it all a good consistent coat and match it to your bike.

JPunisher

Reviving this old thread because it’s the most recent I could find on the painted inner fairings topic. Pricing from raceready.org is $489 exchange. Wow! I also read some old comments about questionable quality, but perhaps that’s improved since they’ve been doing them for so many years now.

Is there an alternate source for having these done other than a local shop. My experience is most of them don’t want to mess with small jobs like this.

Considering doing them myself with ColorRite paint, but where would you source the correct color stripe decals? I’d really prefer to pay to have them done. $489 is too steep though.

Reviving this old thread because it’s the most recent I could find on the painted inner fairings topic. Pricing from raceready.org is $489 exchange. Wow! I also read some old comments about questionable quality, but perhaps that’s improved since they’ve been doing them for so many years now.

Is there an alternate source for having these done other than a local shop. My experience is most of them don’t want to mess with small jobs like this.

Considering doing them myself with ColorRite paint, but where would you source the correct color stripe decals? I’d really prefer to pay to have them done. $489 is too steep though.
I thought they were expensive, just like you and spent over $200 on materials from ColorRite just to have them send me the wrong shade of white. “Small job” is not how I would describe this project. Is a $hit ton of work to sand all those panels smooth, use filler primer, spray base coat, then top coat (2009 white busas are 3 stage pearl paint), measure and tape to paint the stripes (those are not decals) and then clear coat the whole thing. I sourced the silver and blue paint from my local Napa, by having them scan my decals on side panel and make a spray can of each color, then bought the pearl white from ColorRite. I was furious when I saw the crappy color match from ColorRite and just stopped it there and sent them to raceready. You can try it and see if you have better luck than me, but my next go around, I’ll let the pros do it and save the headache. If you are not in a hurry, I might be changing body work with a forum member and would consider selling my panels on my 2009 white busa. I really like this quote: “I do what I do, so I can make money to pay them to do what they do.....
On a side note, I recently bought pearl splash white (that’s the name for the paint on the 09 model) for a gsxr tail conversion project and this time around ColorRite got the color matched perfectly.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback mabupa. That’s the type of info I was hoping for. Not really worth doing myself is materials are $200+. The pic of your bike you shared in my intro post is what got me interested in this. I’m not in a hurry, so hit me up if you change your bodywork and we can work out a deal on your inners.

Thanks for the feedback mabupa. That’s the type of info I was hoping for. Not really worth doing myself is materials are $200+. The pic of your bike you shared in my intro post is what got me interested in this. I’m not in a hurry, so hit me up if you change your bodywork and we can work out a deal on your inners.
Just trying to save someone the trouble I went through. I’ll sure keep you in mind if/when I do my fairing switch.

Okay , i'll bite (mainly because it's an excuse to post pics).
I've had William at RaceReady paint my inners three times, the first was so long ago, they hadn't figured out you need to sand them smooth first and to get rid of the crocodile pattern. I had the '00 done twice, and then again with the '08 blue. It's a remarkably striking mod that pulls the bike together.

He also painted the carriers on the stock rotors.

10973549394_82a9b98c17_o.jpg

12331920045_c4429520ab_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back