Weird clutch slipping situation!

clutch_cable_con_busa.jpg

Oh yeah! I like that!!
And the price is reasonable too, I wonder how heavy the lever feel is? Any one know that has done this conversion?

while ure going old school.... maybe a full automatic conversion with a switch-pitch torque converter.. j/k (hows that for old school kiwi?)

while ure going old school.... maybe a full automatic conversion with a switch-pitch torque converter.. j/k (hows that for old school kiwi?)
I've always known it as a "variable pitch". . . Lol yeah pretty Ol' skool alright Dan, TBH I haven't had much to do with yank cars, mostly Jappers and a few euro brands. Now bikes, hmmmm Jappers the whole way through apart from a couple KTMs.
That cable clutch set up is exactly what I want, if it's heavy I just gotta start pumping left hand muscles lol!
Hydraulic clutches have little feedback, the Busa clutch is light but meaningless. . .

The only problem I have with buying this kit is that they sell none of the parts separately! If i want to replace some parts, I have to buy the whole kit all over again. That sucks!

It's a streetbike / dragbike .
I know that in my 5.0 mustang.... I can powershift the car... KINDA.... truth be told... I am faster than the (hydraulic) clutch.... when I dab my foot into the clutch.. I can pick my foot up off the clutch FASTER than the pedal can return to its resting state(all while WOT)... but again... in that car... im a BAD mofo… much better in a car than ill ever be on a bike.... ive been told by more than one person they never saw anyone shift a car as fast as I can do it in that car... I drive it with studded snows.. in all weather... year round.. drove it in 2 blizzards... I know that I am faster than that hydraulic clutch.

best video ive seen for coyote shifting... but even STILL.... he doesnt emphasize PULLING ON THE SHIFTER while WOT(hard)for powershifting..... and smash the clutch as hard and fast as u can(U can even let ure foot slip off the side.).....

Last edited:
One thing I for got to mention!

When I installed the slave cylinder, I primed it (put fluid in the housing before installing). Could that be causing the problem? Even though I had to bleed the system for air.

One thing I for got to mention!

When I installed the slave cylinder, I primed it (put fluid in the housing before installing). Could that be causing the problem? Even though I had to bleed the system for air.
kiwi does this stuff for a living now... u might wanna pm him and listen closely...

ill warn u though... hes a step by step type guy... don't try to skip any steps.
Nice of you to issue that warning Dan, anyone, and I mean . . . ANYONE steps outta line and there gonna be troooble, ya hear, TROOOOOBLE!!!!
I've seen a lotta f##k ups made by cowboy mechanics that get a "hunch" on what the problem is, and by pass the checks they should've made, cost a lotta time and a lotta money, so I'm cautious about this and there IS a correct way of diagnosing and working thru problems, never wanna be led up the garden path if ya know what I mean lol

Last edited:
Back