Yoshi single side exhaust on a B King

WLF B King

Registered
Yoshimura makes a full single side exhaust for the 2008 Hayabusa. Single side exits out the right side. Can anyone tell me why this exhaust wouldn’t fit on a 2008 B King? I contacted Yoshimura R&D, and they told me the header would fit for sure, but as to the mid pipe and can, they had no idea. They said they never tried to fit it on the B King. Not interested in the under seat TRS exhaust. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Interesting question and intent u have here.
I couldn't tell ya too much but what I'd suggest is looking in to how high up the midpipes exit is on the system ur looking in to.
Either way tho, It should be high enough and far enough toward the rear of the bike for u to get the muffler on and secure with provided universal sliding type band clamp, like us busa owners do with mounting to our right side passenger foot peg.
Seeing as that u don't have a hole there tho u would have to make one. Shouldn't be too hard.

Your wheelbase and geometry line up enough tho, so it will fit. It's just ur muffler mounting, which u def need to get pressure off the very start of header at the manifold, and the path from end of header to start of muffler would be hard to presume.

I know this post didn't really definite anything for u, but hopefully helped.
Cheers

Yoshimura makes a full single side exhaust for the 2008 Hayabusa. Single side exits out the right side. Can anyone tell me why this exhaust wouldn’t fit on a 2008 B King? I contacted Yoshimura R&D, and they told me the header would fit for sure, but as to the mid pipe and can, they had no idea. They said they never tried to fit it on the B King. Not interested in the under seat TRS exhaust. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
Looking at my bike with the yoshi R77 full system, I can tell that there is an OEM exhaust bracket on the busa that it is reversed(per yoshi install manual) and reused to support the part of the Yoshi right in front of where the mid pipe connects to the 2to1 section. Basically the front to back order is : header+ 2to1 section secured with bracket I just mentioned + the midpipe secured to the 2to1 via springs +plus muffler supported by hanger stap bolted to the passenger peg.The problem looks like it would be fabricating a bracket to secure the muffler hanger to, since the Bking’s passenger pegs at probably too high compared to the busas and the muffler hanger won’t line up with it and finding a way to fabricate something to support the 2to1 part of the exhaust, because most likely the Bking OEM exhaust is doesn’t have the bracket the busa does in the same place.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the ideas. It currently has a PCV with a custom tune w/176 rwhp and 107 ft. lbs with a Roaring Toys megaphone exhaust that was on it when I bought it and I hate that thing. Thought a Yoshi might be at least be a small bit quieter, would tune better and would look way better. Not interested in a Brock’s. Nice pipe, just like the Yoshi’s.

I wouldn’t think it would fit for two reasons. The bking is a shorter frame. But the main reason is because the shock and pivot are offset, so that could cause an issue where the pipes come around the oil pan on the left side of the bike. Nothing a competent fabricator couldn’t easily take care of.

Back