Haya's in the Hills 2019!!!!

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
Ok... as i have now been offered a job and i am not moving too far away (only 1.5 hrs west in the fair port OH area..which is only .5 hrs away from Erie PA) i am going to mix up how we will start planning HITH's 2019!!! given the lack of attendance last year i am going to make the planning early and different. i am going to request you post what is a good weekend you would like the HITH's to be next summer AND what you think is a fair and affordable rate PER PERSON PER NIGHT to stay in a house and food provided. once i get a collective idea.. i will then pick a weekend based on your input and then COLLECT funds based on what is determined as a fair price to pay per person per night. then i will secure a house/cabin based on number of paid attendees for the weekend determined. feel free to openly discuss possibilities and thoughts as i am sorry but i didnt break even last year due to many said they would come.... only about half actually paid and then even some that paid were not able to make it... its a good time...im not busting balls just trying to make it easier and now planned WELL IN ADVANCE... so chime in yall!!

I dont know my next month's schedule until around the 15th of the current month so it is tough to plan much in advance. And scheduled vaca gets eatin up quickly with the fam....wife not into bikes at all. I would like to attend barring my availability. I will just plan on bidding that weekend off and see what happens. Might have to find my own lodging if it fills up tho. Can work it out.
Btw, best time for me is during the unrainy times!
Troy

Where is it typically held? I wouldnt be opposed to a ride somewhere.
we have historically moved the ride around to be accommodating to new people and make new friends. we have had rides in NY, PA, WV so far.

I dont know my next month's schedule until around the 15th of the current month so it is tough to plan much in advance. And scheduled vaca gets eatin up quickly with the fam....wife not into bikes at all. I would like to attend barring my availability. I will just plan on bidding that weekend off and see what happens. Might have to find my own lodging if it fills up tho. Can work it out.
Btw, best time for me is during the unrainy times!
Troy
we try to schedule in June July or august historically.. i am still gathering info from everyone of best times before i set a weekend and collect funds this year.

I'd be interested if it's in central NY/PA area There was a ZRX rally in Cazenovia NY. Lots of nice roads and amenities. Personally my wife and I would hotel somewhere nearby So we would not be a burden on the cost of the event

I'd be interested if it's in central NY/PA area There was a ZRX rally in Cazenovia NY. Lots of nice roads and amenities. Personally my wife and I would hotel somewhere nearby So we would not be a burden on the cost of the event
the purpose and why its been successful with many repeat riders, is i secure gorgeous homes, we share the cost (reducing it to much less than a hotel per person per night and still have food included) we all stay together so there is no "clicks" and everyone really gets to know everyone. the "rides" are secondary to the relationships and friendships we develop with people that lasts much much longer than the weekend of the ride. hope this helps explain the "mentality" of how i set it up and why we are fiercely protective, of the event and the good times we have, in encouraging others to stay with us and see why its so much fun.

hmm OK then i would probably spend 100 per night hoteling so Im good with that . My wife has Food issues/allergies so that provided food may be unnessassary . I would prefer not to ride a far as West Virginia/eastern PA but i would trailer that far if there is somewhere to put the trailer . sounds like fun

Chris, man I have to tell you that I am so unbelievably impressed and grateful that you have kept that event going year after year.

This event has been always 100% you and your work.... Congrats for all the work and successful years of meets!

Cap

Just throwing this out there, Virginia International Raceway has motorcycle track days. If people are interest, Haya's In The Hills could include a track day !

Here are some of the clubs that use VIR

VIR - 2.jpg

The other option is renting the track outright.

VIR - 1.jpg

Currently the VIR website has nothing scheduled for June, July or August 2019.

I'm new to the "meetup/gathering" planing. You may have heard about this service, though I figured I'd pass it on just in case.

Air BNB

Their selection is great.

Thnk ou for the answer That sounds like a good day . I have done a little bit if track on two former bikes but nothing with the size weight and speed of the big bird . That and being cautious would make me little more than a rolling road block

Back