New Paint

Scooby315

Registered
Just wanted to get some outside thoughts and opinions. About to get fairings sprayed. Cant decide if I should do something hok candy color or play it "safe" with a black or white. I was considering hok cobalt blue.

Preference is subjective to the person. Many of us may say black. Many of us may say blue. We may even say red.

Personally, I'd love to find the original blue fairings from the '08 and swap out my black ones. Since I'll be doing a custom hydrodip on mine, I'm sticking with black.

I'm with medic. If you plan on keeping her a while, choose a color that you like.period. If you plan on selling her in the not to distant future, choose a safer color like yellow. Jk! Like black or white even. Something that may help resale value.
Troy

Secondly, I'd never put HOK on anything. Too expensive.

I'm on the hunt for all new original fairings. Gonna have Maaco paint them black and will be doing an Autism theme in hydrodipped graphics on it. Not gonna spend a lot doing it either.

HOK isn't too expensive if you buy it online at TCP Global. It is a pain because if you get a sag or run in the candy or sometimes even the clear you have to start over. It does have a cool look though. I've done candy brandywine over zenith gold on a Busa that looked real good.

I am going to have my entire bike painted with a fresh coat of black once I pull the factory decals off. Then off to a company that does hydrodip for my autism theme. Once that is done, gonna have it all cleared in with several coats of clear.

I'm on the hunt for all new original fairings. Gonna have Maaco paint them black and will be doing an Autism theme in hydrodipped graphics on it. Not gonna spend a lot doing it either.
I would have done that. I went to Maaco a few years back and they said they didn't do motorcycle fairings. Maybe it was just that particular Maaco.

What is maaco going to charge you to paint them?

When it comes to getting paintwork done in my neck of the woods , unless you know someone in the paint / repair industry , and / or a mate who is also able to access a good booth etc. , you can expect to pay a fair old chunk of change for any motorcycle paint work . I think the Busa would certainly be no exception here , because of all the curves and separate bodywork pieces . Full fairing motorcycle are generally a lot of work in prep etc. for someone to do in my experience . I have numerous L2 panels accumulating unfortunately.... , waiting for repaint , and eventually I will see to it along with whatever's currently missing including another tank , for a full different custom color job .

When it comes to getting paintwork done in my neck of the woods , unless you know someone in the paint / repair industry , and / or a mate who is also able to access a good booth etc. , you can expect to pay a fair old chunk of change for any motorcycle paint work . I think the Busa would certainly be no exception here , because of all the curves and separate bodywork pieces . Full fairing motorcycle are generally a lot of work in prep etc. for someone to do in my experience . I have numerous L2 panels accumulating unfortunately.... , waiting for repaint , and eventually I will see to it along with whatever's currently missing including another tank , for a full different custom color job .
Hi. I am doing a wild white pearl with blue and purple pearl mixed in. It will fade into a dark purple tail that will change from blue to purple. the tail lights will be LEDs. They will be under the paint. They will only show when the lights are on. On the front there will be a skull on each side coming out of an ace of spade. My bird in Nam was the [the killer spade] on the lower will be 2 battle scines from Nam. The back ground will be purple and blue flames. cost about $800.00. I can paint and do body work but I can not draw.

Hi. I am doing a wild white pearl with blue and purple pearl mixed in. It will fade into a dark purple tail that will change from blue to purple. the tail lights will be LEDs. They will be under the paint. They will only show when the lights are on. On the front there will be a skull on each side coming out of an ace of spade. My bird in Nam was the [the killer spade] on the lower will be 2 battle scines from Nam. The back ground will be purple and blue flames. cost about $800.00. I can paint and do body work but I can not draw.

That paint job sounds absolutely wild Mike , and pure hot rod !! Definitely a worthy scheme for your king hit build bro !! :super:

I did hydrodip over paint and hated the way it started to chip and crack because of the hydro-activator.
It's good for a show bike and small parts like engine covers but if you ride a lot then it's probably not a good idea.
Just wanted to share with you guys so you can save your hard earned dollars.

LRM95EXPORT952017102395143738.jpg

I did hydrodip over paint and hated the way it started to chip and crack because of the hydro-activator.
It's good for a show bike and small parts like engine covers but if you ride a lot then it's probably not a good idea.
Just wanted to share with you guys so you can save your hard earned dollars.

View attachment 1584313

Which is why I'm having my graphics done before having the clearcoat applied.

For what it's worth if you want a factory look I've always thought the 2000 blue and (if I remember it correctly) silver. In a metallic pearl it would sparkle
download (1).jpeg

Back