First proper ride

ottafish

Registered
Hi All,
Thought I'd share my experience of my first proper ride on the bike since I got it. (apart from heading to the shop to get a full suspension setup done)
When I got it, I pulled it down to check it out and see what if any mods were already there. While it was apart, gave it a full service.
It now has Helibars, 3/4" Genmar risers, Buell pegs, ZG DB Screen, plus some other small bits.

We covered 530km's (or 330 miles in old money). All country, straights, sweepers and twisties.
All I can say is, I love the bike. So settled, comfy, stable, grunty. I spent most of the day in mode "C" just to get a feel for the thing.
It's been a long time since I have felt so connected and trusting in a bike. It won't replace the long hall Boulevard M109 that it shares the garage with, but, wow... what a machine. (the boulevard in the pictures isn't mine. One of our riding group)

It's definitely a keeper :)

image (5).jpeg

image (3).jpeg

image (6).jpeg

Hanging Rock is nostalgic bro , glad you got out on your Busa , and have been making it your own with all the mods . I found the bikes stock weight and power okay in A mode straight off , I think it is like a bit lazy powerhouse , that grunts along nice and easy , and then when you do gas it , it lifts its skirts and then flys . I found the throttle lightweight feel and good response great , compared to 1/4 turn throttle connected up to Mikuni RS40MM flatslides on the previous Gixxer oil burner .
Great pictures , keep 'em coming Otta .

Hanging Rock is nostalgic bro , glad you got out on your Busa , and have been making it your own with all the mods . I found the bikes stock weight and power okay in A mode straight off , I think it is like a bit lazy powerhouse , that grunts along nice and easy , and then when you do gas it , it lifts its skirts and then flys . I found the throttle lightweight feel and good response great , compared to 1/4 turn throttle connected up to Mikuni RS40MM flatslides on the previous Gixxer oil burner .
Great pictures , keep 'em coming Otta .

Agree - loping along in 6th and a small twist and overtaking is sooo easy.
Compared to the cbr1000 I had, the Busa is so much more easy to ride and enjoy.

Back