Saw a couple stretched ZX14s

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
Out for a casual ride and noticed 2 stretched ZX14s...which in some places is normal but here in the one horse town I live in, it's a rarity..

What was really rare is they actually acknowledged me and as I was going into a parking lot, they followed and told me how much they liked my bike and how nice it was to see another "big dog" bike around....of course I had not picture taking capability with me as I use a flip phone vice the "mini laptop" everyone has now.

If I was on my Bandit, they would have probably sneered and pay me no mind...

:laugh:

What was really rare is they actually acknowledged me and as I was going into a parking lot,
Of course they did. Now hat they have an extra 20 rwhp, they'll ride up on a busa!! Before that, it was too close. I really think the main reason ZX-14 owners go with that bike is they like the looks better than the busa. It's a simple matter of taste. I have both and I can tell you the busa is all around better. As far as torque, the busa has it at the very bottom where you can actually enjoy it on a regular basis even though it must be geared a bit taller and has a bit longer wheelbase, the front will still lift off easier than the 14. It has a more neutral feeling in cornering too. midrange and top end, there's no difference and from whatI've been told, the Gen2 ZX-14 feels just a little stronger than the Gen1. It takes a lot of power to get these Big Dogs moving much quicker. I'm not at all in a hurry to buy a new one of either. I sure hope zuk comes through big on a Gen3 someday. Get a turbo on that busa and that's the fastest bike on the road for yours and my lifetime.

:laugh:

Of course they did. Now hat they have an extra 20 rwhp, they'll ride up on a busa!! Before that, it was too close. I really think the main reason ZX-14 owners go with that bike is they like the looks better than the busa. It's a simple matter of taste. I have both and I can tell you the busa is all around better. As far as torque, the busa has it at the very bottom where you can actually enjoy it on a regular basis even though it must be geared a bit taller and has a bit longer wheelbase, the front will still lift off easier than the 14. It has a more neutral feeling in cornering too. midrange and top end, there's no difference and from whatI've been told, the Gen2 ZX-14 feels just a little stronger than the Gen1. It takes a lot of power to get these Big Dogs moving much quicker. I'm not at all in a hurry to buy a new one of either. I sure hope zuk comes through big on a Gen3 someday. Get a turbo on that busa and that's the fastest bike on the road for yours and my lifetime.
I read that the Gen 2 ZX and Gen 2 Busa are very close, so close it is just as you said, it is based on personal preference. Maybe they'll supercharge the new Busa, I'm partial to supercharging vice turbo charging. But for now, this bike I have is plenty fast and then some.

Back