Air shift auto shift

For Gen2 I use the DSM method of air shifter ignition kill in ECU editor. Much better than the resistor method and you don't need to buy a harness - just make it yourself. Then for autoshift I recommend the Boost by Smith shift light with autoshift. I've tried a few other autoshift solutions that didn't work as well.

POWERHOUSE sells and installs Raptor shift lights. Different versions are available, and the auto shift version also uses a launch function. The light will light up when you reach a pre programmed launch rpm setting, and then once the bike is moving, the light will light up at pre programmed shift settings. It can also shift the bike automatically when it hits the shift point. Simple to set up - a few wires and you are done. We have one on Ali's bike . . .

POWERHOUSE sells and installs Raptor shift lights. Different versions are available, and the auto shift version also uses a launch function. The light will light up when you reach a pre programmed launch rpm setting, and then once the bike is moving, the light will light up at pre programmed shift settings. It can also shift the bike automatically when it hits the shift point. Simple to set up - a few wires and you are done. We have one on Ali's bike . . .
and the upside from buying anything from frank is that he actually answers his phone and stands behind what he says.

Ya, it's expensive but there's a big difference between a $110 shift light and the RSR air shift module. The RSR has adjustable shift count, kill time, solenoid advance time, and shift point per gear. It's like comparing a spring to the NLR AMS 2000. They both control boost yes? Some people like nice things and aren't interested in a race to the bottom regarding price but as you said "to each their own".

More for the money, obviously. The $110 dollar setup will shift gears (and you can adjust kill), but the same shift kill and shift point for all gears. As far as preloading the shift cylinder, the are other more simpler ways to do that, anyway. The RSR is very much nicer, I don't know if the extra features are even needed in the real world, but if you have the coin, go for it.

The big advantage I see is the shift counter. You set it up to shift @ 10,600 and once you're in 4th (of 5th or whatever) you can bring it out the back @ 11,000+. Adjustable shift rpm is great for short shifting to slow down and hit the index.

Ya, it's expensive but there's a big difference between a $110 shift light and the RSR air shift module. The RSR has adjustable shift count, kill time, solenoid advance time, and shift point per gear. It's like comparing a spring to the NLR AMS 2000. They both control boost yes? Some people like nice things and aren't interested in a race to the bottom regarding price but as you said "to each their own".
a genius with a spring is better than a dunce with the best boost controller on earth... on a turbo bike that is used on the street.. less complexity is the way to go.... imho...

Says the guy with a water/air intercooler, AMS 2000 and a Gen 2 multistage lockup clutch that pays a shop to fix his bike:lol:
The point is this bike had great high quality parts throughout... it still didn't stop someone from screwing it up... and on a big turbo bike... honestly.... I don't have a clue and I DONT WANT TO try to fix it myself.... its best left to a pro.... I don't want to screw it up... im not a motorcycle expert and Im not going to experiment with this one... and hack it all up.... thank god for experts.... and my guy ALWAYS answers my calls... old school guy.... he gets poop DONE.

Says the guy with a water/air intercooler, AMS 2000 and a Gen 2 multistage lockup clutch that pays a shop to fix his bike:lol:
I try to keep it as simple as possible... under the circumstances and power levels involved... I don't have a clue what im looking at.... its working great now... and we know why its working great.

How do you get the Raptor not to try and shift into 7th gear? I've been told by several LSR guys that the 7th gear shift thing is a problem..

How do you get the Raptor not to try and shift into 7th gear? I've been told by several LSR guys that the 7th gear shift thing is a problem..
You can use a switch to interrupt the signal to the relay or the output of the relay. Once you are in high gear open the switch. I repurposed my emergency light switch on my bikes to do this with my Boost by Smith and it could be done with the Raptor the same way.

The point is this bike had great high quality parts throughout... it still didn't stop someone from screwing it up... and on a big turbo bike... honestly.... I don't have a clue and I DONT WANT TO try to fix it myself.... its best left to a pro.... I don't want to screw it up... im not a motorcycle expert and Im not going to experiment with this one... and hack it all up.... thank god for experts.... and my guy ALWAYS answers my calls... old school guy.... he gets poop DONE.

I agree with you as when you’re spending that kind of money there isn’t much room for error and the bike will not be forgiving when it comes to catastrophic failures. As they’re interlinked and can cause multiple failures. Unless you’ve very deep pockets or even better “ Sponsors” I wouldn’t either. Why trial and error when you’ve someone with a real good track record and history to help you. That’s money well spent. Frank knows his poop and is willing to help you no matter what your goals are.

Back