ROCKET MAN

As I said previously, this build will have some of the best stuff. More pics to come, it's just too bad that some of the nicest items will be where you can't see them . . .

I don’t know Frank, a well balanced crank, the best rods, pistons, cams and valves are also ‘where you can’t see them’. Give us an idea though, what’s the price of that clutch?:D

The build just ultimate nasty street bike? Drag strip weekend warrior? Who’s arm do you run on big hp stuff like that
Hi. I would say a 6 in to 12 in is what I have 6 over with 20T front and 36 T rear and a 190 to 200/ 55 tire for LSR for drags run at 12 over with 18T or 19T front with 42 to 45T rear with a 200/50 rear tire. All of this depends on HP and track. For only drags I would say 12 over to 21 over. With 200/50 or slick. With or without a bar.

. . . . what’s the price of that clutch?:D

The Gen II Multistage clutch comes with the slider basket, a billet inner hub, and the blue "hat" that enables you to change the arm springs quickly and easily. Unlike the original Multistage (which we still use), this one works off of engine rpm, not transmission speed. It makes for more consistent operation, and is well worth it for the price: $2300. And yes, we have different springs . . .

A few more pics . . .
cylinderhead.JPG
IMG_1185.JPG
IMG_1190.JPG
IMG_1186.JPG
IMG_1187.JPG
IMG_1188.JPG

Waiting for parts and/or procedures can be a pain, but sometimes well worth it:

micropolish.JPG

We opted for the race cut, as opposed to the standard cut, a heavy duty output shaft, ceramic transmission bearings, and everything - all gears, all shafts, shift drum, shift forks - cryogenically treated and micro polished. We are now ready to start putting this powerplant together . . .

Waiting for parts and/or procedures can be a pain, but sometimes well worth it:

View attachment 1583600

We opted for the race cut, as opposed to the standard cut, a heavy duty output shaft, ceramic transmission bearings, and everything - all gears, all shafts, shift drum, shift forks - cryogenically treated and micro polished. We are now ready to start putting this powerplant together . . .
Hi. With the clutch cover and output shaft support you are looking at about $3500.00. What crank is going in? Gen 1 or gen 2 stroke? I will be using a Marine billet crank it will be made custom to spec. I will be running the same trans except with over drive 5th and 6th gears that will add $650.00. Trans and clutch around $7,000.00!

Back