Custom engine builders?

F1 guys are printing parts on race weekends now.
CERTAIN parts... metals and a WHOLE NEW ENGINE is entirely another... and these are multi billion dollar companies.... a loooooooooong waqys to go before u have access to this tech.... but ok...

Not as far away from normal as you think.
I work in a QC lab at a production machine shop in the auto industry.
I work around several engineers, and I have access to alot of brains smarter than mine.
I have seen some amazing technology coming to everyday soon.
No one big deal, but rather, just the ever changing ways of doing things.
Don't belive it?
Look at your phone...remember when it flipped?

Not as far away from normal as you think.
I work in a QC lab at a production machine shop in the auto industry.
I work around several engineers, and I have access to alot of brains smarter than mine.
I have seen some amazing technology coming to everyday soon.
No one big deal, but rather, just the ever changing ways of doing things.
Don't belive it?
Look at your phone...remember when it flipped?
I don't have a phone.... I'm a throwback kinda guy...

I am still cogitating on this... Though my focus has shifted a bit.

If I happen to win that lottery what I don't play, I'm going to go out and pay for exactly what I posted in my OP.

More realistic is that after I get a Hayabusa (which hopefully happens this year), I'll be looking into getting a cam and transmission gear swap for it.

Now having a Prius, and experiencing the Atkinsonized cam in it, I have to say I like it. And, exactly as I have theorized for years, a 4 cylinder engine has enough grunt to push a car down the highway at <2,000 RPM. A Hayabusa should have no trouble being driven down to 2k RPM at 65mph. (Hence the need for a gear swap along with the cam, as 1st gear would be unusable if the sprockets were swapped to achieve this ratio)

I am still cogitating on this... Though my focus has shifted a bit.

If I happen to win that lottery what I don't play, I'm going to go out and pay for exactly what I posted in my OP.

More realistic is that after I get a Hayabusa (which hopefully happens this year), I'll be looking into getting a cam and transmission gear swap for it.

Now having a Prius, and experiencing the Atkinsonized cam in it, I have to say I like it. And, exactly as I have theorized for years, a 4 cylinder engine has enough grunt to push a car down the highway at <2,000 RPM. A Hayabusa should have no trouble being driven down to 2k RPM at 65mph. (Hence the need for a gear swap along with the cam, as 1st gear would be unusable if the sprockets were swapped to achieve this ratio)
PROGRESS ON THIS PROJECT?

Back