Engine is out.

greg3852

Registered
Took out my engine out of the 2004 today. A lot easier than I expected. Hardest part was making the damn tools to take it out. Had to run to Lowes right in the middle as my dremel decided it would be fun to shoot my cutting wheel and mandrel across the room. Couldnt find that thing anywhere.

Next up a quick visit to GixerHp on Saturday to grab some goodies, then a rebuild.
IMG_3187.JPG
IMG_3186.JPG

Had the end of a spark plug disappear into the piston, so I’ve been wanting to tear into the engine. Figured if I was in there I might as well go NA. Plus I’ve heard the horror stories about wanting more and more boost, and I know that would be me! Lol.

I figure if I want more after this, then I’ll grab a Gen 2 and go turbo with that.

I was going to do the bracket cut not shorten it. The cut that makes it lock into place. But this is good to know. I'll play around with it.

Hahahaha I'm making a list of the things I need to do when the engine is back together before I take her for a ride. It's down on my list, so I have time to play. Hopefully I'll have the rest of the stuff by next week, and then some time to put together. Biggest issues are going to be shimming the valves and degreeing the cams. But I'll get some help when I need it. Then its a long ride in the back of a trailer to Long Island for some tuning.

Back