just the facts.

Aces High

Registered
Hi. 2012 Busa. want to use Motul oil, K & N oil filter K&N air filter and E3 spark plugs. any reason to use something else? Also first time changing spark plugs, any hint will be appreciated. In the near future I am planning on getting M4 slip ons, any place where I can get them at a good Price? Thank You for any help.

:welcome:on h.oRg
I own a 2000 :race: busa , have 76.000 kms on the clocks
I have used many years Motul 300V 10w/40 Full Synth.
Now i change to Putoline Nano Tech Full Synth 10w/40 .
Always Use a OEM Oil Filter.
BMC Race AirFilter.
Tested all iridium spark plugs Denso and Ngk and go back to Stock 99-07 NGK CR9E
---------------------
You own a L2 , so use the Stock NGK Iridium CR9EIA
Sorry can't help you with the search on M4 Exhaust

Might be the fact there have been many instances where the welded nut on the end of the K&N fails and spews oil everywhere. I have read about this many times on the Honda forums. I have bee using all kinds of K&N oil filters on many cars and bikes since the mid 80s with no issue, but I will switch them on my bikes from now on. Too many bikes that lost it, or nearly.
Troy

:welcome:on h.oRg
I own a 2000 :race: busa , have 76.000 kms on the clocks
I have used many years Motul 300V 10w/40 Full Synth.
Now i change to Putoline Nano Tech Full Synth 10w/40 .
Always Use a OEM Oil Filter.
BMC Race AirFilter.
Tested all iridium spark plugs Denso and Ngk and go back to Stock 99-07 NGK CR9E
---------------------
You own a L2 , so use the Stock NGK Iridium CR9EIA
Sorry can't help you with the search on M4 Exhaust
I appreciated the Information, I will keep it OEM. what about the change or the plugs? am I going to be over my head on that?

In the near future I am planning on getting M4 slip ons, any place where I can get them at a good Price? Thank You for any help.

POWERHOUSE is an M4 dealer, we can help you with that. The slip ons they have right now for your bike are the "retro drag" slip ons . . .

10% off for org members . . .

08-Hayabusa-RetroTwin-black-3QR.jpg

Last edited:
E3 has become a reputable spark plug company, but I wouldn't buy the hype of more hp.
Stock NGK iridiums work fine.
The stock NGK iridiums in my GSRX 750 somehow went bad sitting in the motorcycle. Took me weeks sorting it out. Final after testing everything - I said lets run down and get some of those cheap autolite plugs that fit... Wouldn't ya know it - the thing fired right up and purred. Even put the bad plugs back in just to make sure it wasn't a plug wire loose or something that was mak'in it miss. Son of a gun! Bad sparks.

Glad I could get that off my chest. ;-)

Well I always used oem up until last 2 oil changes , where I used K&N . Just find it a bit crammed / difficult to get to remove oem with tool with the Brocks CT , and that nut on the end is handy for my fused wrist to wrench . I have however heard some negative things about K&N air filter quality control , so I run BMC anyway , but this is first I have heard in regards to oil filter . As for Chinese products for my beloved Busa , never intentionally !!! :thumbsup:

The stock NGK iridiums in my GSRX 750 somehow went bad sitting in the motorcycle. Took me weeks sorting it out. Final after testing everything - I said lets run down and get some of those cheap autolite plugs that fit... Wouldn't ya know it - the thing fired right up and purred. Even put the bad plugs back in just to make sure it wasn't a plug wire loose or something that was mak'in it miss. Son of a gun! Bad sparks.

Glad I could get that off my chest. ;-)
The plugs didn't go bad just sitting there, the engine got fuel flooded or the plugs got fouled some other way. Bits of ceramic and metal don't fail without help.

Hi. 2012 Busa. want to use Motul oil, K & N oil filter K&N air filter and E3 spark plugs. any reason to use something else? Also first time changing spark plugs, any hint will be appreciated. In the near future I am planning on getting M4 slip ons, any place where I can get them at a good Price? Thank You for any help.
Run what makes you happy. Personally I wouldn't waste my money on gimmicky spark plugs, they only make a single spark with every firing anyway, a plug never has multiple sparks across it's electrodes, no matter how fancy the ground electrode or marketing are.

If you looked at the dirt pass rates for a k&n vs the oem filter you wouldn't run one on the street.

Back