Top Speed Standing Mile Uk

Manxbusa

Registered
Latest results from my trip to Elvington UK

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG

Congrats! thats a big deal and not a whole lot of folks can say they have done that..

Thanks guys we are all of the same mind and aim. I still want to go faster in three disciplines 1/8 mile currently 6.4s @131mph aim to be in 5secs next year 1/4 9.49@151mph should be in 7.9 or 8.1 sec@170 180mph bracket and target is 250mph in standing mile but that may be a two year deal

Can you describe what tire spin feels like at 200+mph. I heard people say it’s common but sounds terrifying.

To be honest it's no big deal as the bike tracks straight it just looks and sounds like clutch slip the revs whip up and as long as it doesn't step out which it shouldn't as I say you ride through it but it slows you down dramatically as the push against the air is more intense

Thanks guys we are all of the same mind and aim. I still want to go faster in three disciplines 1/8 mile currently 6.4s @131mph aim to be in 5secs next year 1/4 9.49@151mph should be in 7.9 or 8.1 sec@170 180mph bracket and target is 250mph in standing mile but that may be a two year deal
Great way to go! Keep up the good work. And please keep us posted. I am building a L S R bike my too. My goal is 250 + too.

IMG_0302.JPG
"It was windy as usual from the side and it had just started raining."

Yet you still ran it? You got big giant brass ones man!

I had just travelled across sea and land to get to the place plus spent entry money and I knew it was a one shot do it or bust run. It was a wild ride I'll tell you that what with wheelies and a bit of head shake in first four gears but then it settles down and you lean to one side to keep going straight and tuck in and pin it and 5th to 6th slipped in perfectly so knew it was over 200mph but must admit I had hoped it was a 220mph run cos it felt good but you know what as the wife said we've spent 5 years chasing this and she was right. I knew I only had to wait until September to come back for a two day event. But that had what the organiser said were slight side wind issues. I'll let you be the judge of slight. The picture is of the slight wind on my awning

View attachment 1576888

I had just travelled across sea and land to get to the place plus spent entry money and I knew it was a one shot do it or bust run. It was a wild ride I'll tell you that what with wheelies and a bit of head shake in first four gears but then it settles down and you lean to one side to keep going straight and tuck in and pin it and 5th to 6th slipped in perfectly so knew it was over 200mph but must admit I had hoped it was a 220mph run cos it felt good but you know what as the wife said we've spent 5 years chasing this and she was right. I knew I only had to wait until September to come back for a two day event. But that had what the organiser said were slight side wind issues. I'll let you be the judge of slight. The picture is of the slight wind on my awning

What tire are you running there on the rear?

Back