How Much Octane 14:1

sjg34

Registered
I am building a 14:1 1441 now and and wondering what octane fuel I need to run. My thought is if a stock motor is 12.5 and 91 is recommend but 87 will make more power I should be fine with 98 or maybe even 93. Does anyone have any real world experience?

Not a busa but my 03 1143 gsxr was 15:1 and needed c10 I'd say with conservative timing and tune 93 would work.

14:1 compression? 93 octane? ur dreaming! 98 as well. ull need 112 or better. C16 is what my buddy runs in his NA bike with the same compression but he tracks it only. and forget riding it in hot weather. at $15 a gallon gonna be an expensive ride with C16 on the street.

hope its a track bike only. or u cud pull the timing way back on 93 maybe but that wud defeat the purpose of the higher compression motor to make more power. assuming ur doing cams and head work as well.

even if u cud run a 100 octane where you gonna find that? the same place u find C16 which aint at the pump. why not build somthn more street able that can run on 93 octane?

If a stock gen 2 has 12.5 and it make best power on 87 it is not too far fetched that you should need 116 octane.

I have a 1397 with 13.1 compression. Lots of people run mr12 with this set up. If your doing a 14 to 1 set up skip all that gas stuff and go start to e85. That will be plenty of fuel for you and it will help it run cooler. I would also get a tune for 93 octane so you can run your bike on that. Just to flush you fuel system. Alot of car guys do this cause the e85 can gum stuff up. I would go e85. You can buy that poop in a barrel and that's best thing to do. Keep it constant

well if he was running E85 that wud be an easy solution but it wud also require an entire fuel system upgrade and 30% less mpg.
with E85 being so cheap out there I guess thats an option.

even if u cud run a 100 octane where you gonna find that?

E85 100 to 105 octane at almost every gas station in Iowa.[/QUOTE]

well I tell ya what? you run 93 octane in ur 14:1 compression motor and report back to us long it took
you to pick up the parts ur motor scattered going down the hi way!

If a stock gen 2 has 12.5 and it make best power on 87 it is not too far fetched that you should need 116 octane.

well if he was running E85 that wud be an easy solution but it wud also require an entire fuel system upgrade and 30% less mpg.
with E85 being so cheap out there I guess thats an option.

Why would an entire new fuel system be required? We've run E85 and gone quicker at the track with a stock fuel system. Of course it needs to be tuned for it, but Bazzaz or Woolich autotune makes short work of that. It's not really an option for me because the stock fuel system won't support enough fuel for nitrous.

them stock lines are not designed for E85. u mite be able to get away with it for a while tho. I wud opt for teflon lines.

E85 requires quite a bit more volume which means u shud have an external regulator and you really shud have external fuel pump as well. an 85 micron pre fuel filter shud be used as to. so yea ur fuel needs to be upgraded

Why would an entire new fuel system be required? We've run E85 and gone quicker at the track with a stock fuel system. Of course it needs to be tuned for it, but Bazzaz or Woolich autotune makes short work of that. It's not really an option for me because the stock fuel system won't support enough fuel for nitrous.

them stock lines are not designed for E85. u mite be able to get away with it for a while tho. I wud opt for teflon lines.

E85 requires quite a bit more volume which means u shud have an external regulator and you really shud have external fuel pump as well. an 85 micron pre fuel filter shud be used as to. so yea ur fuel needs to be upgraded

Dude have you ever ran e85 in anything? If not stop talking. I have ran e85 in 1990 cars and never had a problem. I ran it in my gen 1 busa and k7 gsxr 1000. If you havent played with it stfu. Iam pretty sure a gen2 busa will handle it just fine. Like I said before run some 93 pump gas to flush the system before storage and it will be fine. And get the injectors cleaned every winter.

my bike is a 1441 with about that compression and i run Q16 .... but it is a track bike only and tuned for it .

• The gen2 buss has quite a bit of excess capacity with injectors set to 50/50 so the 30%greater demand is not an issue. The extra fuel for 40 hp of nitrous maxes out the stock fuel system but with an e85 internal pump I think it would be ok. There isn't much rubber line in the system so if a person is concerned that should be easy to address. I've considered running C85 after seeing the success my buddy had with E85 but I do spray enough that I'd have to upgrade the fuel system for volume.

yea I run it in my Turbo Mustang jackass and it will smoke both ur Busa and ur Gixer so stfu! your gen I busa u run E85? well no one gives a poop dude were talking about running 93 octane with a 14:1 compression motor so try to stay on point here!

were not referring to ur SLOW ASS bike were referring to one with high compression that gonna make decent hp.

is YOUR bike a 14:1 compression motor? if not STFU cause ur talking put ur ass! if ur making REAL hp then yea u want an external regulator and external pump for sure so maybe when you get a fast bike then u can come back and comment.

Dude have you ever ran e85 in anything? If not stop talking. I have ran e85 in 1990 cars and never had a problem. I ran it in my gen 1 busa and k7 gsxr 1000. If you havent played with it stfu. Iam pretty sure a gen2 busa will handle it just fine. Like I said before run some 93 pump gas to flush the system before storage and it will be fine. And get the injectors cleaned every winter.

Aren't gsxr 1000's stock with 13.5 this year. With proper cam timing,decent quench,and a good tune 98 would be fine.Not ideal but fine. I just can't see it requiring c16.Thats all I run with 30 lbs of boost.

Back