Finally.........after A Lot Of Waiting Around For Parts She Is Finally Having The Supercharger Fitte

Nice bike and great job on removing the strips....LOL I have some great country twisty roads out where Im at but still and not comfortable enough on this bike to get it that low.

It's quite stable at that lean and more Jerry, I will post pics of my trackday tires lol. Just tip her in a little more each time you go on your favourite road and you will get there :D

20170515_153434.jpg
20170515_153441.jpg
20170515_153453.jpg
20170515_153501.jpg

Rear Tire life with a supercharger :race:

Since fitting the new tires front and rear (Michelin Pilot Power 2CT TL) on the 15th April 2017 they have done approx. 850 miles and the rear has around 2 mm of tread left on the centre. The legal minimum in the UK is 1.5 mm but in my experience 2 mm is about as low as I like to go because they start white lining and spinning up, so I will be changing it this coming weekend. Some of the wear took in a (short lol) period of running in and a few bouts of wet weather riding so all in all my original estimate of around 700 miles wasn't too far out. The front tire is wearing out faster than I anticipated because I forgot I would be braking a lot more and a lot harder :bounce: but I have no figures for that yet but will let you know about it when the front's due a change :thumbsup:

Just an update on how things are going with the "beast". She is running faultlessly but she keeps whispering...faster, faster in my ears which isn't going down to well with the unmarked cops cars that have chased me so far, not catching me I might add but always worry in case they got my reg number, just got another few days to sweat out whether I will be receiving an NIP (notice of intended prosecution) in the post. In England they have two weeks to get it too you otherwise it's null and void so fingers crossed. I have noticed a change to my riding "style", whereas pre supercharger I just used to blast past everything, now, I find myself teasing cars and bikes, like Porches and BMW 1000 RR's etc. I let them think they are pulling away from me by going a bit easy with the throttle then, when they think they are going to leave me standing, I crack the throttle open and fly past them, omg it's such fun haha.

Just an update on how things are going with the "beast". She is running faultlessly but she keeps whispering...faster, faster in my ears which isn't going down to well with the unmarked cops cars that have chased me so far, not catching me I might add but always worry in case they got my reg number, just got another few days to sweat out whether I will be receiving an NIP (notice of intended prosecution) in the post. In England they have two weeks to get it too you otherwise it's null and void so fingers crossed. I have noticed a change to my riding "style", whereas pre supercharger I just used to blast past everything, now, I find myself teasing cars and bikes, like Porches and BMW 1000 RR's etc. I let them think they are pulling away from me by going a bit easy with the throttle then, when they think they are going to leave me standing, I crack the throttle open and fly past them, omg it's such fun haha.

You can buy an electric plate cover.
Clear lens, flip a switch, turns solid white, plate disapears.
Pashnit sells them.
For track use only:poke:
Our plate brackets fold up, cheap and easy, few bucks at the hardware store, and look like any other plate mount.
I think your plates are too big for that though, they would turn into a fast and furious wing.

Pashnit sells them.
Our plate brackets fold up, cheap and easy, few bucks at the hardware store, and look like any other plate mount.
I think your plates are too big for that though, they would turn into a fast and furious wing.
Thanks for that sixpack.
I LIKE the sound of the plate cover, I may give that a try but.....there's always a but in this country, interfering with your reg plate is a serious offence here, if they catch you you can be charged with perverting the course of justice which invariably means jail, but, so do the speeds I do haha.

Pashnit sells them.
I had a look on the Pashnit site but couldn't see the cover, any chance you could send me the link please sixpack :thumbsup:

I didn't check Pashnit's site, just remember he had some a few years back.
This is what you need, but you'de have to find one for those big UK plates.
I'm sure someone makes them.

www.tricplate.com

www.ghostplate.com

And, we all know that BigDev will only be using this on trackdays, and on his way there, maybe just to the store, you know, for safety reasons.

I didn't check Pashnit's site, just remember he had some a few years back.
This is what you need, but you'de have to find one for those big UK plates.
I'm sure someone makes them.

www.tricplate.com

www.ghostplate.com

And, we all know that BigDev will only be using this on trackdays, and on his way there, maybe just to the store, you know, for safety reasons.
Haha thanks for that sixpack and..........you know me so well already :lol:

I'm in absolute awe of your bike!

Currently I am speaking to Paul at TTS in regards to getting one for myself however I know that they are developing the new stealth kit for the Hayabusa where the charger sits under the tank (
).

I will wait for the outcome of this development before I purchase i think.

I'm in absolute awe of your bike!

Currently I am speaking to Paul at TTS in regards to getting one for myself however I know that they are developing the new stealth kit for the Hayabusa where the charger sits under the tank (
).

I will wait for the outcome of this development before I purchase i think.

Thanks Busa_ace and I like the look of the stealth one, thanks for the link but I suspect it maybe a while before it goes into production.

It's surprising how many people look at my busa when she is parked up and don't realise she is supercharged and on the road whizzing past everything, they don't get chance to look :lol:

Back