Was Feeling Like A Big Shot...and Then....

Paying 30 to have it set is a good idea. Throw him an extra 10 and have him explain everything he is doing and why. That way when you hit different roads you can add a click or take a click and have the best possible ride.

I agree. Even a statement as simple as you have to break tires in would help. I am sure that I am not the only one that has taken a wild ride on new tires. I didn't go down but I learned the lesson well.

I think it's time the tire manufacturers were taken to task and made to remove the release agent from the tire before they put the tires out on sale. It's ok laughing about it but one day someone is going to get seriously hurt if they haven't already. It's a bit like going to buy a fridge and them telling you the first time you plug it in you may get electrocuted :shocked: but after that first time you should be ok. o_O:rolleyes:

Road tires, England's roads are quite twisty :laugh:. I run 42 psi rear and 36 psi front.

20170514_190651.jpg

20170514_190657.jpg

20170514_190707.jpg

20170514_190722.jpg

20170514_190840.jpg

20170514_190900.jpg

Paying 30 to have it set is a good idea. Throw him an extra 10 and have him explain everything he is doing and why. That way when you hit different roads you can add a click or take a click and have the best possible ride.

Good advice sir! I definetly plan on throwing him a tip if I feel like it was a good visit:)
Here is the website http://www.velocitycalibrations.com/
And with you not being too far from me we'll have to have a busa get-together sometime in the near future.:super:

about 30 min west of Downtown St. Louis:beerchug:
I haven't been to the suspension place yet. The guy that sets up the suspensions is in Europe this week.

:super:
looks like your getting more time riding the sides than in the middle :bowdown:

I just threw my q3's on. I went ahead and went with the 190 55 on the rear
Lol I like to live life on the edge, hence the supercharger :lol::crazy::race:. Lets have some pics of your tires when you have had a run on them and some feedback on handling :cool:. Keep her sunny side up tho :super::thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tb3
My supercharger puts out around 500 hp...on my Caddy.:cool: Still, it doesn't outrun my Busa.:race:

My supercharged Busa puts out 325 at the wheel :cool: and...........outruns everything :lol::banana::race: Go to my thread on the supercharger forum and take a look at the graph readout :super::)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I like to live life on the edge, hence the supercharger :lol::crazy::race:. Lets have some pics of your tires when you have had a run on them and some feedback on handling :cool:. Keep her sunny side up tho :super::thumbsup:

I'll definetly report back!
And I'm definetly going to have some chicken strips for awhile though, lol
I plan on starting to regularly visit the track soon

I know this thread has ran it's course but I thought I'd drop back in real quick and give a update.
My suspension appt. Was definetly worth the 30 bucks plus tip:super:

I got all kinds of educated on suspension for the street as the guy was making adjustments having me get on and off the bike several times.
He was familiar with busas and has set up many of them before, mostly for the strip.
I have to say it's so nice doing a mod/upgrade and actually noticing a differance immediately.
The slightly taller 55 tire does make a difference on tur-in. I especially noticed on slow cornering.
He said it's not only about the tire being "rounder" for more ground contact, but any small increment to push the back end "up" towards the front.
He said I had the suspension wayyyy to stiff for the street. Which was very obvious the next day when I went for a ride. Handles way better, so much better I'm going to leave it the hell alone for awhile:thumbsup: any tweaks in the future I make I'll count the number of turns so I can always go back to my starting point.
I already have slightly less than 1" of chicken tracks on the q3's, and that's where I'll probably be for awhile. I pushed my comfort level too far a couple times last ride and had that hair raising feeling. Just need to ride ride ride and read.
Going for a ride tommorow.
Thanks guys for all input:beerchug:

Glad you got some improvements by having your suspension set up, it's a black art isn't it Tb3 haha. I leave mine well alone apart from turning the remote adjuster up or down depending on road conditions, rain etc but generally I haven't got a clue what she's doing underneath me which is why I ride pretty quick I think coz I don't get scared :lol:

Reactions: Tb3
I know this thread has ran it's course but I thought I'd drop back in real quick and give a update.
My suspension appt. Was definetly worth the 30 bucks plus tip:super:

I got all kinds of educated on suspension for the street as the guy was making adjustments having me get on and off the bike several times.
He was familiar with busas and has set up many of them before, mostly for the strip.
I have to say it's so nice doing a mod/upgrade and actually noticing a differance immediately.
The slightly taller 55 tire does make a difference on tur-in. I especially noticed on slow cornering.
He said it's not only about the tire being "rounder" for more ground contact, but any small increment to push the back end "up" towards the front.
He said I had the suspension wayyyy to stiff for the street. Which was very obvious the next day when I went for a ride. Handles way better, so much better I'm going to leave it the hell alone for awhile:thumbsup: any tweaks in the future I make I'll count the number of turns so I can always go back to my starting point.
I already have slightly less than 1" of chicken tracks on the q3's, and that's where I'll probably be for awhile. I pushed my comfort level too far a couple times last ride and had that hair raising feeling. Just need to ride ride ride and read.
Going for a ride tommorow.
Thanks guys for all input:beerchug:

What psi front/rear?

What psi front/rear?

For a starting point, I'm running 37psi cold front and rear.
I did some reading on what psi I should be running. Basically just a Google search on the q3 and what pressure some are going with.
I live in stl so OAT's and asphalt temps vary quite a bit throughout the year.
But even the temp differance from a early morning start vs mid day temp can vary quite abit. So, what i'm trying to say is, I don't know yet what is best for me.
If anybody has a chart, tips, etc....I'd be all over that

Do what you're doing.
Ride it, adjust it, see what feels right to you.
Airing down as tires and day get warmer.
If the suspension sag is good, mid 30s psi hot is around where you should be.

Back