What is the Oil Capacity Of an 06 Busa?

busasforlife

Registered
Hey guys. This is my first oil change on my 06 Busa. And I read somewhere that it only had a 3.75 quart capacity. I just put 5 quarts into it and still cant see any. Have I added too much? I did drain it completely.

Your not supposed to see it in the top of the filler like a lawnmower.
You looking at the sight glass?.....as hard as it is for me to ask that...

When you change the oil and filter...warm up the engine first...right after a ride is a good time to do it. With the engine off
tounge.gif
drain the oil, allow at least 10 minutes...install a new filter, replace
the drain plug (torque is 16.5 ft lbs), add four quarts of fresh oil. Warm the engine back up, shut it off and let it set a few minutes...with the bike on level ground and in the upright position the oil should be near the full mark on the sight glass.

If you check the oil level with the bike on a rear stand you WILL GET A LOW READING...the bike should be on front and rear stands or BOTH tires on the ground
wink.gif

I'm wondering if it's on the side stand.

--Wag--

(Wag @ Aug. 17 2007,18:48) I'm wondering if it's on the side stand.

--Wag--
Or he is checking it with the engine RUNNING
ices_rofl.gif

We did have a guy that did that...couldn't figure out why his bike was using SO much oil
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

06 busa and 1st oil change... hope you bought it used and that you havent been riding it around with 5+ quarts of oil in it. I'm sure you probably did but next time you change your oil, dont forget to buy a new crush washer for the oil pan drain plug. It WILL leak on you if you keep reusing it.

Doing an oil and filter today... 4 quarts and filter, coolant change, chain lube and perhaps brake fluid change....
First time pulling the Fairings, that's a lot of fasteners...... ;-]

Back