Busa Gen2 Just Died

virkdoc

Registered
Hi everyone! Needed some urgent help.
Have a gen 2 2011. Flashed ecu, full yoshi 4-2-1, PCV
Was coming back from a tour and doing around 140 kmph when she just died on me. The motor died.The display console went blank and the gauges stuck to where they were at that moment. Its showing me fuel, rpm, temp and speed stuck to that moment.
Tried everything but the console lights up orange but is still blank and stuck.
Things I tried before getting her home:
1) Tried to get the error code but no F1 light nor anything on the display since its blank
2) removed battery also but gauges still stuck
3) checked ignition fuse, fuel pimp fuse but nothing
4) Checked tip over sensor also but still nothing
It turns over but I cant hear the fuel pump coming on.
Thanks

It will be under the rear fairing on the left side of the bike. Just follow the positive battery cable it runs straight to it.

Ok so took to to my friend who does all our bikes.
The fuel pump fuse had blown......now the interesting part......as soon as he changes the fuse it blows again! EVEN WITHOUT THE IGNITION ON!
He has checked the integrity of all the wiring and all seems to be in order.
What is baffling him is that why is it blowing with the ignition off.

That's a weird one. Seeing more than one thread about weird gen 2 electrical gremlins. Never a peep out of my 3 gen 1's that I've owned. o_O

Has to be a bad wire somewhere grounding out. Maybe on a circuit board in the ecu? Speedo? I purchased a standalone ecu for my turbo, and it would blow the main fuse every time the bike was started up. After a year of shipping the P.O.S back to the company repeatedly, I eventually ate the loss and went with an ecu flash. Haven't had a problem since. Start unplugging components and maybe narrow the issue down.

Best of luck

But the weird thing is that it's blowing the fuse even when the ignition is off. How is that possible surprises me? What thing in the bike is drawing current even when the bike is off? Immobilizer?

Pump has shorted? Good luck finding the issue and report back when is resolved.

OK so after blowing like 10 fuses the 11th fuse we put in and she fires up!! My friends whos working on it has almost stripped the bike!! he hasnt been able to find the short. He has checked integrity of all cables. Whats puzzling is that the fuse was blowing even the ignition was off

An electrical problem gets worse when if fixes it self.Until you find what caused it, you'll be riding with that on the back of your mind. Maybe leave the bike running and start moving wires around to try duplicating the problem and isolate it?

Yes exactly! Im being bothered no end. Its bothering him also cos he cant figure out why the fuse blows when the ignition is off

If the fuse blws when off you have a shorted wire on the non switched side. You have a hot wire touching ground somewhere.

But the weird thing is that it's blowing the fuse even when the ignition is off. How is that possible surprises me? What thing in the bike is drawing current even when the bike is off? Immobilizer?

Not sure where you are, but U.S bikes don't have a factory ignition immobilizer.
The ones that do have a very small red led to the right of the key switch, in the same plastic housing around the key cylinder.

Bad fuel pump relay? Try bump starting it, instead of using the starter motor, that might highlight a possible starter motor issue, check your charging current when it's running, if it's up and down, it could point to a stator winding short.
Find out all the systems that have a constant live feed.

Bad fuel pump relay? Try bump starting it, instead of using the starter motor, that might highlight a possible starter motor issue, check your charging current when it's running, if it's up and down, it could point to a stator winding short.
Find out all the systems that have a constant live feed.
Ok will try that! Its still not sorted. And the problem is its even blowing the fuse when the key is off. I change the fuse and boom its gone. Can someone list all things which are live even when the key is off?

Back