Left Controls

night_ryder

Registered
i just recently bought a Mps pro button for my bike. I want to take the left handlebar controls off, but don't know if my headlight will still work. I assume that the headlight will not work without it plugged in, but then it may and I have not control on if it is on hi or low beam.

Please help!!

No, I think your in the right place. Just not something, I think most of us has tried. It shouldn't be hard to find out, just unplug the controls abdominal see what happens. One problem I forsee is your clutch switch is part of those controls and you can't bypass that.

No, I think your in the right place. Just not something, I think most of us has tried. It shouldn't be hard to find out, just unplug the controls abdominal see what happens. One problem I forsee is your clutch switch is part of those controls and you can't bypass that.

Dang you are correct. I didn't think of that. This may not go the way I was thinking it would.

The bike will cut your power. I don't know of a new bike that you can bypass the switch anymore. Even my Harley will trigger a service light and prevent you from starting the bike unless it is neutral.

The bike will cut your power. I don't know of a new bike that you can bypass the switch anymore. Even my Harley will trigger a service light and prevent you from starting the bike unless it is neutral.
When I changed to Brembo RCS clutch pump , the stockers switch was cause of some problems . We ended up just keeping the switch complete but stand alone and not activated by lever . We zip tied it out of the way , semi hidden near ignition switch . You just turn on ignition , press the switches small pip button , at the same time as you hit the starter , and once engine fires , that's it . I am more than sure I got this fix on the Org. by someone who had posted all this up , so I was very thankful for their work / help on this .
DSCF1400.JPG

It was my understanding that the clutch switch must tell the ECU when the clutch is pulled in or it will react to the RPM changes. I'm no expert on how all this works but I can tell you that my Gen 2 does not like not having the clutch switch operable. When I switched to the Brembo RCS master cylinder, I did the micro switch mod and it works fine. For some reason the Brembo RCS for general use does not have a switch option. You could use one from a bike like a Ducati though, that has an integral switch. I posted the specifics on here already somewhere and GIXERHP has the full scoop. Back to the point, if you had the micro switch you could get rid of the rest of the stuff on the left bar. You could just put a switch there for the high beam.

Clutch Switch.jpg

It was my understanding that the clutch switch must tell the ECU when the clutch is pulled in or it will react to the RPM changes. I'm no expert on how all this works but I can tell you that my Gen 2 does not like not having the clutch switch operable. When I switched to the Brembo RCS master cylinder, I did the micro switch mod and it works fine. For some reason the Brembo RCS for general use does not have a switch option. You could use one from a bike like a Ducati though, that has an integral switch. I posted the specifics on here already somewhere and GIXERHP has the full scoop. Back to the point, if you had the micro switch you could get rid of the rest of the stuff on the left bar. You could just put a switch there for the high beam.

View attachment 1578218
Hi. I have the Beranger clutch master it has a place for a switch. I will not use a clutch switch.

Back