Recovered Bike!

I can appreciate the skepticism, it's totally warranted and I didn't know if advertising would even be allowed here. There are many more noble causes to be sure, I only ask because I support my family with my paycheck and any extra money tends to go towards projects around the house or my kids. I want my bike running more than anything but can't personally justify sacrificing a potential opportunity for my wife and children. Thank you very much TIMMYDUCK for donating and for anyone else that might consider. Even just sharing can help out.

Sucks glad ya got it back what's all going on with the wiring? Seen a few guys share diagrams to repair whatever they were trying to accomplish with their meth filled minds.

With a budget or no budget I would go that route. Also can always find cheap sets of plastic on eBay. Same with ignitions the 3 piece sets are not real cheap but you can eliminate rear fender one or use a second key.

I just throw that out there as I see the go fund me and I have the same feelings as everyone else on here from :confused: to :crazy: to :thumbsup:. But when asking for help I'd be looking to take every cheep way possible.

It looks like they cut up a bunch of the harness that has to do with the ignition. I'm not even sure they used the original Hayabusa ignition switch, they also cut up the front harness to connect it again. The goal was to return it to its original state but if all else fails I will have to bandaid things myself i guess. I looked on ebay for complete fairing kits and saw some for about $400 but then you have to pay for overseas shipping. I am all ears for local solutions however.

What's with the it needs to be OEM? Here is a exaple of an$40 ignition set. It Chinese crap but isn't any worse than a beat up 17 year old one. If your motor blew up you wouldn't drop OEM pistons in it.

This might be where people think I'm looking at it wrong. Your asking for $$ and spending it in a way that I don't think is right. If you were willing to buy cheep stuff to get your bike back together and create that bonding with your daughters I believe people would be happy to donate much more.

If you want a cheep Chinese lock set pm me your address and I'll order you one.

Also a guy is buying a blow up one for parts on here did he offer you a good deal on anything you need.

IMG_6179.PNG

Thank you for the suggestion, but if the OEM lasted 17 years why wouldn't I justify the price. I am open to suggestion regarding parts, I haven't been contacted personally by anyone with parts to spare. I'm not trying to jack anyone around, if you don't feel like a donation is warranted that is totally fine but it's starting to feel like you have made it a personal mission to discredit what I'm trying to do. I'm not made of money, no one is but if there is a way to get this done this year instead of next then I'm going to try.

Ya i was worried it would seem like that. Just trying to understand mindset. 3 post down title OK BUSA GURUS. Check it out he might be able to hook ya up. Giving the org discount.

Does anyone have experience with aftermarket fairing kits? I think I found a good deal on replacements but they include a "tank cover". Do they sit on top of the gas tank? I didn't think you could separate the tank from the cover.

Have you seen one installed? Dose it look like a cover or do they generally look like the original tank?

well for what is worth, i dont have my bike with me at this time but i do have some gen 1 stuff sitting in my trailer that i have in storage. i will check in the next few weeks as i remember pulling my a full lock set of my 06 because of a mishap with a friedly girl that decided to keep one of my keys if i find it i will pm you and you can have it free of charge if i remember correctly the it had the ignition, hump and gas tank pieces all together. probably minus the spring for the little gas tank flapper but that will be easy to replace...

well for what is worth, i dont have my bike with me at this time but i do have some gen 1 stuff sitting in my trailer that i have in storage. i will check in the next few weeks as i remember pulling my a full lock set of my 06 because of a mishap with a friedly girl that decided to keep one of my keys if i find it i will pm you and you can have it free of charge if i remember correctly the it had the ignition, hump and gas tank pieces all together. probably minus the spring for the little gas tank flapper but that will be easy to replace...
That would be amazing thank you. I would be happy to pay something towards it, shipping for sure.

Heck yeah! Fairings ordered, I was able to save some money because my gas tank was never damaged (aside from the cap). Thank you everyone that donated.

fairing order.jpg

Is anyone aware of incompatibilities between years when it comes to first gen main wiring harnesses? I have a 2007.

So it's been awhile since I've updated this. Don't want people thinking I took the money and ran. The new fairings have been shipped and are on their way, I also found a fairing bolt kit on Amazon, it has arrived and looks well made (not factory but all pieces are accounted for). I also ordered a main wiring harness off of Ebay and was able to get that swapped out last weekend. The last piece to get the bike running is the ignition switch set which I should hopefully be able to order this next paycheck. After that and assuming nothing I have missed will hamper it starting I will just be down to further cosmetic repairs (levers, mirrors were busted). Getting close now.

I will definitely get some pictures up. I found a fairing kit that is very similar to my old one (gloss black), the only difference is the kanji is shiny. It even has the tail stickers. As my tank wasn't damaged aside from the gas cap I didn't need to include the cover.

brother i saw your post and as promised imdid find the lock set (tank, rear hump and ingition switch) sent me your name and addy and i will ship it tomorrow. sorry for the long wait but i been recovering from surgery and just could get to all the stuff i have store in the trailer

Back