Recovered Bike!

metric03

Registered
So in February my bike was stolen from in front of my house, I called and made a report and basically said goodbye. 2 days before Christmas I get a call from the local sheriff's office that they found my bike in a drug bust and I can come pick it up anytime. They painted the fairings and ripped apart anything that used the key. So, is there anything special about replacing the ignition switch I need to know? I gave everything a quick once over and mechanically it looks like they hardly put any miles on it at all.

15622755_1235162529909314_3958903516165928324_n.jpg

15698058_1232905963468304_96912788954216688_n.jpg

15747812_1235162569909310_8439352650826345579_n.jpg

Nothing major key wise. Just replace with appropriate item.

I think there is a special tool to remove the ignition cylinder. I totaled an 04 front end and had to replace almost everything. I think I use a T 20 security Torx .

DSCN0124.jpg

Wow! From February until recently you didn't know if you would have your bike. That is crazy for Christmas. Please go over it with a fine-tooth comb to ensure that everything is really up to specs.

For sure! I couldn't believe it when I got the call. Getting a wiring harness and ignition set on order is the priority. Meanwhile going through the mechanical systems. The big ticket is going to be fairings, anyone have any websites I should look at for complete sets?

For sure! I couldn't believe it when I got the call. Getting a wiring harness and ignition set on order is the priority. Meanwhile going through the mechanical systems. The big ticket is going to be fairings, anyone have any websites I should look at for complete sets?
Glad you got your bike back. As for fairings, a member here recently ordered a set from a company called " blisstar " or something like that and had good results and said communication was good. He picked he's own custom colors and they did a good job. His forum name is "infinitereality" (?)

Edit: found the link to the thread. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/charcoal-orange-hayabusa-pictures.189838/

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got your bike back.:thumbsup: Just out of curiosity how many miles did the low lifes put on it while it was gone?

Glad to hear you got your bike back.:thumbsup: Just out of curiosity how many miles did the low lifes put on it while it was gone?
Not sure, the battery is dead. I only put about 500 miles on the tires before it was taken and they look good.

Glad you got your bike back. As for fairings, a member here recently ordered a set from a company called " blisstar " or something like that and had good results and said communication was good. He picked he's own custom colors and they did a good job. His forum name is "infinitereality" (?)

Edit: found the link to the thread. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/charcoal-orange-hayabusa-pictures.189838/
I was actually just looking at them on Ebay, they are a Chinese company. Good prices and comes with hardware, would be interested to know about paint quality.

Just curious - your bike got ripped - off in FEB and you filed a report. Did the insurance pay you for the bike?
Was the insurance Co notified that it was recovered? Did you have to pay anything to get it back? OR did you get a payoff
from the insurance Co when it was stolen and then also get the bike back recently? Do you still have the title?

Fine if that's what happened as you have some work and expenses ahead of you before you can ride it.

I hope I never have a bike ripped - off from me but there are plenty of :firing: low life's around that just don't get that stealing is wrong
and ripping someone off is not how you work for something.

So I'm just curious as I know better then to say - that will never happen to me - that only happens to other people. :banghead:

Just curious - your bike got ripped - off in FEB and you filed a report. Did the insurance pay you for the bike?
Was the insurance Co notified that it was recovered? Did you have to pay anything to get it back? OR did you get a payoff
from the insurance Co when it was stolen and then also get the bike back recently? Do you still have the title?

Fine if that's what happened as you have some work and expenses ahead of you before you can ride it.

I hope I never have a bike ripped - off from me but there are plenty of :firing: low life's around that just don't get that stealing is wrong
and ripping someone off is not how you work for something.

So I'm just curious as I know better then to say - that will never happen to me - that only happens to other people. :banghead:

I live in Washington and insurance isn't required. So all I could do is file a police report. I bought it with a signature loan so I do have title in hand. In the middle of tear down in the shop right now actually. I used to have a pdf of a shop manual, is that still a thing I can get?

So far the parts list includes ignition switch and anything that needed a key (gas cap, rear cowling hump). I'm going to replace the main wiring harness and the front sub harness as well. My fairings are trashed so eventually they will be purchased. First priority is getting it running. Aside from the chain being loose, the fluid levels look good and the rubber looks like it was hardly used. Donations accepted. ;-)

Glad you got your bike bike for sure. I dunno about the gofundme stuff though? Strikes me badly.

I had mixed feelings about that myself.

Looks like the guy is pretty legit.

Reasonable amount being requested, doing the rebuild himself , no insurance .

I am thinking it is more about save a sick Hayabusa fund.

300 Busa lovers X 5 bucks each , brings her back to life.

Therefore I will donate 5 dollars.

Maybe Goldenchild has the parts he needs and it would be a win - win.

Back