New Texan Here

Josh Pazos

Registered
Hey guys, my name is Josh. I hate to be that guy on the forum but I actually don't have a bike yet. I'm here to learn and acquire the knowledge needed to dive head first in to the world of hayabusas. Recently I've been looking into a liter bike as a daily driver, but the other day I got the opportunity to ride a hayabusa and I fell in love. I've been looking at picking one up in auction and I'm here to learn the ins and outs of longterm ownership. I also need to know where to source parts, I imagine anything I pick up at auction will be less than perfect and I'll have to turn some wrenches before getting her on the road. I'm sure all the info is already here I just need to do a little digging in the forum and I'll find it but any and all info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Welcome to the oRg. We have many vendors that can help with parts. What year are you looking to purchase? Are you looking for the Generation 1 bike 99-07, or wanting the Second Generation, 08 and up bike?

Welcome. I would think you will have a hard time finding one at auction unless its totaled. We busa folk tend to love our machines and not release our hold on them. That being said welcome! Nice gen 1 machines can be had for 5k easy.

Thanks guys! I'm pretty anxious to get a bike and make it my own.

Welcome to the oRg. We have many vendors that can help with parts. What year are you looking to purchase? Are you looking for the Generation 1 bike 99-07, or wanting the Second Generation, 08 and up bike?

I've been doing research and I really like the gen II for the styling, mode settings, and the gauge cluster.... but I know a gen I would put just as big of a smile on my face. I know I'd be just has happy with either one. I'm thinking I can snag a first gen for less and therefore have more money to play with after I've got it.

Do your home work , and don't buy someones hacked up junk bird . After a ECU flash on gen 2 mode buttons do nothing . I never needed them anyway . Gen 1 fairings are easier to remove , Gen 2 more a pain , and are two piece .

Do your home work , and don't buy someones hacked up junk bird . After a ECU flash on gen 2 mode buttons do nothing . I never needed them anyway . Gen 1 fairings are easier to remove , Gen 2 more a pain , and are two piece .

Homework is what I'm here for, I appreciate the info! I've been digging around and this place is an absolute wealth of information.

Welcome to the board Josh.:super:

My advice would be to buy the newest,lowest mileage bike you can afford bro.Less chance of ending up with someone else's headache(poorly maintained,had the snot ran out of it,etc.,etc.,etc.).Gen II's have about 25 more hp along with several other upgrades and can be found in the $7K/up range(and with hp costing approx. $100 per you can figure that in when pricing Gen I's to Gen II's :D).

Welcome to the board Josh.:super:

My advice would be to buy the newest,lowest mileage bike you can afford bro.Less chance of ending up with someone else's headache(poorly maintained,had the snot ran out of it,etc.,etc.,etc.).Gen II's have about 25 more hp along with several other upgrades and can be found in the $7K/up range(and with hp costing approx. $100 per you can figure that in when pricing Gen I's to Gen II's :D).

Hey thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind while hunting. I'd to get a gen II but I'm not sure if I cam swing it. But you never know, I may come across a heck of a deal.

Dont rush a good thing :) I saved for 6 Months , and put over half down on a new left over 14 model for 12,994 after all taxes / out the door . That was 17 months ago . I have 7 more payments and its paid for toy .

Look for a gen 2. I picked up a 09 on eBay for 6g with 9g miles. This is the time of year to find a good deal winter and close to the holidays. Well here in Midwest. Hope you find a bike and get a god deal

Back