Water Injection Set Up

jermzfree

Registered
I have my gen 1 rcc stage 1 running 8lbs of boost. It was tuned without water injection. Now that I have the W/I kit on the bike I would like to use it as a safety measure, and for hp gains down the road. At 14.2 volts the nozzle I have sprays approx. 124cc/min. Is this a good size for around 257hp running 50/50 water/meth? I have plans to run 290 hp. Does anyone know a good nozzle size for that hp range?

I am not sure of brand but it consists of a pump, and boost controlled solenoid near the nozzle that opens the flow. The nozzle sees around 150 psi.

Have a look here https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html
It mentions cc which if i am thinking straight is independent of pressure.
More pressure will yeld more cc but since you know the cc output of your nozzle then you can compare your system with the one in the link.
The important thing is the ratio of water to fuel which hovers around 10-15%
If you know how much fuel you are spraying in cc per minute then adjust for 12-13% water by volume.
Chris

Have a look here https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/waterinjection.html
It mentions cc which if i am thinking straight is independent of pressure.
More pressure will yeld more cc but since you know the cc output of your nozzle then you can compare your system with the one in the link.
The important thing is the ratio of water to fuel which hovers around 10-15%
If you know how much fuel you are spraying in cc per minute then adjust for 12-13% water by volume.
Chris
Nice read! and geared directly towards bikes. Sounds like 170cc/min for 290hp and around 140cc/min for 250hp. Their systems use 1000psi which sounds very high compared to most W/I systems.

Yes i also think that 1000 psi are not needed but then again they know better.
Their pump surely looks smaller that the beast i got on my motorcycle.

I have a hybrid system i found on a good price, the pump is exactly the same as the AEM, the nozzles are from Aquamist and the other parts are common a relay, a pressure switch etc.

Back