Rcc Install Instructions

Word of advice on the fuel pump. Mount on the lower swing arm right by the rear shock.
Props man that where I was at. But was hoping someone would come through. I have her all tore apart gonna do some other things as I have it apart. I pulled the dash a part yesterday with my son and going to put blue leds in it and going to convert the turn signals in to daytime running lights also.

Here is DesMoines ia was 64 yesterday so was sad I couldn't get her out but am excited for the spring.

IMG_6031.JPG

09 goal is to get it together and running 4lbs this year. Then next winter build the motor rods, pistons, and head work. I'm converting to E85 so the plan is to not to go Intercooled.

Reaserching everything I can so all the info helps.

Thanks

Ya I will start asking soon as it's together. Everything I read I know can't go 1/2 Ass with it. Know there is a shop mile away that has a Dino and is dyno port trained and certified. But I'm not signing up for that.

Ya I take a dirt bike trip every spring to Oklahoma might be a excuse to go ride Texas also. But this next year will prob just run a base map as will just be running 4lbs off waste gate rcc gives a base map might not have great performance but has to be safe right??

They're usually safe. But depending on engine wear, fuel type, elevation etc that could sway the tune one way or the other.

Too small of air filter on a turbo can create a vacuum at the inlet. On a turbo this is bad this vacuum will actually pull the oil past the seals.
Had a brand new turbo pull past the seals and completely damaged it. Bought a brand new second turbo and it started again to pull oil past the seal again. Pulled air filter off and no more issues. Put the small one back on issues.
Went with a large cone and good to go.

This was after I kept being told -
Drain too small not draining properly
My bike is pushing too much blow by past the rings (check rings)
Leak down and compression just fine
Use a check valve it's leaking back into the turbo. Check valve already installed
Use a smaller restrictor on the turbo
Even put a mechanical scavenge pump on. Same thing

Small filters should not come with kits at all. Even a small journal bearing was affected.

So when the second brand new turbo started to 'leak' I took it to a very large garret retailer who actually sells RCC their turbos. They said let me look at the filter. When I showed them they said that's the problem and explained the vacuum.
I did my own research and sure poop too small of air filter on turbo applications can definitely be a cause.

Sucks it cost a $1300 turbo because of filter too small for the application.
What really pissed me off was being told it's something with what I had done, it's just something with my bike.

Haven't had a problem since moving to a larger filter even after multiple hard ass dyno runs at over 400hp.

Switch now is my .02 on a lot of money spent learning

So stuck on a few parts needed. I know some site sponsors extreamly helpful with knowledge and tunes and installs anyone sells misc parts? I'm going to need the adapter for the fuel rail and the oil adapter for the oil feed.

IMG_6152.PNG

IMG_6151.PNG

Back