Full Akrapovic Or Brocks Alien 1 ?

FILT166

Registered
Which would make more power & torque with just a dyno tune?
An alien head 1 full kit or an akra full 4-1 kit?
Or is there a slight difference between the two ?

Last edited:
I think they all, including the Yoshimura R-55, tune very nicely we're only talking a few ponies in comparison! I went with the Yosh because my tuner her in So Cal had the hook up for a huge discount and the tune was familiar to him and he was able to squeeze out what in my opinion more then enough power! Beyond that I think it comes out to Looks and sound.

I think they all,
including the Yoshimura R-55,
tune very nicely we're only talking a few ponies in comparison!

I went with the Yoshimura because my tuner here in So Cal
had the hook up for a huge discount and the tune was familiar to him
and he was able to squeeze out what in my opinion more then enough power!

Beyond that I think it comes out to Looks and sound.

390651-2.jpg

What's up Bobby B ~ " BEST LOOKS & SOUND " .

pick a pipe that you like the look of and sound and buy it. unless you are gonna be racing they are all gonna make within a couple hp.

i personally like the look and quality of the brock pipes i have had several of them and have been happy with them all.

hope that helps :thumbsup:

Brocks Alienhead is great if you like loud.
They also put off alot of heat.
They make great power and are high quality.
Akropovic also makes really good power gains, and are of high quality.
They are very quiet with the baffle in, and have a deep tone with it out.
The carbon fiber muffler puts the majority of the heat out of the tailpipe. You can lay your hand on the muffler after a ride, with the engine running.
Any tuner can make paper numbers for you, but either pipe, properly tuned, will be a noticeable improvement over stock.
The Brooks will likely make a little more power.
If you drag race, and want every ounce of power, get the Brocks.
If you street ride, it doesn't matter.
As BLU88 said above, pick the one You like the looks and sounds of.
The 2 pipes are different, but either is a good choice.

I know it was in your question but I am a fan of the short meg. According to the guys at brock's the short meg and alien head are the same exhaust with a different look. I like the look of the short meg better. Just my opinion.

I was thinking about taking mine out. Is there packing in there or is it just a baffle?

There's some packing wrapped around the baffle which will stay on it when you pull the baffle out.I got a wild hair one day and decided I didn't need any baffle so cut off the end cap and took a Dremel to it so as to give the pipe a finished look.After about a week I ordered a new baffle,add an extra $250 to the price of my Short Meg.:lol:

Bafflemod003_zps394935cb.jpg

Bafflemod001_zpsd885d44a.jpg

There's some packing wrapped around the baffle which will stay on it when you pull the baffle out.I got a wild hair one day and decided I didn't need any baffle so cut off the end cap and took a Dremel to it so as to give the pipe a finished look.After about a week I ordered a new baffle,add an extra $250 to the price of my Short Meg.:lol:

View attachment 1570105

View attachment 1570106
I took all the packing out of a full Muzzy on my 94 ZX7, way back when...I put it back a few days later too, lol.

Back