Mr Turbo Stage One Turbo Kit Dyno Numbers

260 on a stock motor is pushing the envelope unless its just a very generous dyno. I pushed the envelope. It didn't last long. Some 93 pump gas that might not have been as good as it should have maybe or just maybe roulette. BTW the mention of the rev limiter, bouncing off the rev limiter can cause a detonation under full boost. You should set the rev limiter to an rpm that you will never reach.

260 on a stock motor is pushing the envelope unless its just a very generous dyno.

This is definitely not true, sorry.

BTW the mention of the rev limiter, bouncing off the rev limiter can cause a detonation under full boost. You should set the rev limiter to an rpm that you will never reach.

Did you know that you can run into the rev limiter all day on a turbo bike without hurting anything? Setting it up properly is the key. Most turbo bikes make peak horsepower before 11,000 rpm anyway (there are exceptions), and there is no benefit to running into the limiter in the first place, but if you do accidentally get there, you won't have issues if your bike was set up correctly in the first place. That is why you let an experienced shop build your dream bike - so it doesn't turn into a nightmare.

The bad experience you had with your bike is not the norm!

Did you know that you can run into the rev limiter all day on a turbo bike without hurting anything?
My bike proved to me that this is not certain.
There was nothing wrong with my bike, afr lower than 11.6, 9.5:1 compression, 12 psi of boost, liquid intercooler, 4 additional plenum injectors with the split second box, ecu flashed, fuel hard cut, pcv pti, rpm limit set at 10800.
When i hit the rev limiter at 4th or third i don't recall, boom instant head gasket failure.
Maybe there was something else wrong like the split second box not cutting fuel although it gets it's trigger from injector #1 or maybe the head bolts didn't hold (i now have heavy duty studs) but in any case i now avoid the rev limiter like hell.

Last edited:
My bike proved to me that this is not certain.
There was nothing wrong with my bike, afr lower than 11.6, 9.5:1 compression, 12 psi of boost, liquid intercooler, 4 additional plenum injectors with the split second box, ecu flashed, fuel hard cut, pcv pti, rpm limit set at 10800.
When i hit the rev limiter at 4th or third i don't recall, boom instant head gasket failure.
Maybe there was something else wrong like the split second box not cutting fuel although it gets it's trigger from injector #1 or maybe the head bolts didn't hold (i now have heavy duty studs) but in any case i now avoid the rev limiter like hell.

This thread was referencing a Stage One - when you bring secondary injectors in, they have to have the same rev limit as what you have your hard cut at in the ecu. The Split Second box is a Hahn thing - we did the beta testing for Bill Hahns port fueler and found the Split Second box to be junk. It does not "track" the rpm properly to be an accurate secondary fuel contoller, I would guess that contributed to your issue. I stand by my prior statement -

This thread was referencing a Stage One - when you bring secondary injectors in, they have to have the same rev limit as what you have your hard cut at in the ecu. The Split Second box is a Hahn thing - we did the beta testing for Bill Hahns port fueler and found the Split Second box to be junk. It does not "track" the rpm properly to be an accurate secondary fuel contoller, I would guess that contributed to your issue. I stand by my prior statement -
I think you are right about the split second box that's why i am moving to 4 bigger injectors instead of 8.
I have been thinking very much about that incident and the only way to detonate is to have only the additional injectors spraying thus creating a lean situation.
Chris

I will stick by the recommendations of the kit manufacturer but thanks Frank.

To be clear, I am not recommending that anyone deliberately go into the rev limiter, and setting it higher than you intend on going is something I agree with, if that is what you are referring to . . . you should also realize that limits set by manufacturers have built in margins, for obvious reasons.

210-300 HP
To put your question in perspective, it would correlate to how much is a bag of groceries? A more answerable question would be similar to how much horsepower should an RCC stage one intercooled turbo on the gen 2 with 6% leak down and An .080 cylinder spacer running C16 make?
A dyno is nothing more than a tool, unless you are into dyno racing and or bragging rights.

Question for Powerhouse.

What's realistic numbers from a stage 1 kit on a stock motor on race gas?

It's sort of a loaded question, since there are different factors involved. Are you asking how high you can go with an RCC Stage One on a stock motor with C16? If you are, you are limited by the fact that you are using an FMU, which you shouldn't really take over 12 pounds of boost, around 270 rwhp. The reason is that above that boost level, the FMU will be pushing the fuel pump over 120 psi, not really what you want. However, if you are asking what the stock Gen 1 motor will take with a Stage One, that is different and here is why: you can put larger injectors in with a billet rail, run a 1:1 fuel regulator with C16 and go over 300 rear wheel. How far over? I personally wouldn't go over 325 max because of the stock rods, and would rather set up a customer's bike for no more than 300. Some tuners will say 280, some say 350. I say build the damn motor up and do what you want!

turbo[1].JPG

Looks like the c16 didn't really add that much. Was it at a much richer afr and therefore safer thank what you would have had to tune to with 93?

What the Cheeseman posted is correct, and can be done on pump fuel. Of course C16 is safer, but it has nothing to do with the afr, higher octane burns slower. The numbers I posted are more in line with a Gen 1 with turbo pistons (my bad), stock pistons have higher compression and result in more hp . . .

so what you are looking at is a RCC stage one turbo all stock except S 2000 injectors at 8 # of boost on C-16
Gen 1
I have 2 questions for you.
1) how much power approximately can the S2000 injectors support with 1:1 fuel regulator on a gen1 with 9.5 compression?
2) Do the S2000 injectors idle well?
Thank you in advance.
Chris

Less due to 1:1 fmu will push more due to higher pressure but you would rather have flow than pressure
That was what i expected also but i wanted confirmation from someone who knows.
My fuel pump supports more than 500 hp (external Bosch)
I better start saving money for those 550cc injectors as i am sure that the 4 additional plenum injectors i have
together with the split second box are my problem with the rev limiter blowing the head gasket.

Are you sure you cant fix that with another method than losing the secondaries? I mean a set of MPS injectors is like $400. Why not just put the rev limiter at like 12.6k or higher and not hit it (I know its impossible sometimes due to spin)

Are you sure you cant fix that with another method than losing the secondaries? I mean a set of MPS injectors is like $400. Why not just put the rev limiter at like 12.6k or higher and not hit it (I know its impossible sometimes due to spin)
I am thinking this also together with timing retard (2-3 degrees) and a shift light.
The problem with this is that i don't trust my self not exceeding the rev limit.
Chris

Back