Yosh R77 Db Killer

hayabuser

Registered
Anyone have one that's collecting dust? Looking to quiet my 09 down a bit, be a touch more stealthy when pushing the boundaries of legality. :thumbsup:

What's it look like? I have a 77, can looks like it runs straight through though. Pics?

It's a plug that inserts at the end of the muffler can and is held in by a screw. There's a little tab on the inside (towards the bike) of your carbon end piece that has to be broken off exposing the hole where the screw is installed.

Early model R77(single or dual) have an allen head set screw that holds the silencer(s) in.
Later models have a rivot instead of a screw. The rivot(s) can be drilled out for removal of the silencers.

Mine has a rubber plug on the cone and a set screw under.

Yes, I stand corrected, my can has the rubber plug as well. I was confusing mine with one I put on a GSX-R1000 at work recently... it had a small tab on the cone that needed to be removed.

Yes, I stand corrected, my can has the rubber plug as well. I was confusing mine with one I put on a GSX-R1000 at work recently... it had a small tab on the cone that needed to be removed.

Glad to hear it. You definitely have the correct part on the way then.

How much difference does one make? After reading this thread I checked for mine, and it seems the orig. owner removed it already.

Honestly I couldn't tell you. I never installed it, didn't think the r77 was that loud. It's not something you have to remove, it's something you have to install.

How much difference does one make? After reading this thread I checked for mine, and it seems the orig. owner removed it already.
It's noticeable...... according to my neighbor. LoL! i feel like it did make a difference too. Like said above, they don't come with them installed. The holes are actually pre drilled and you have to take a punch and knock out the little metal circle to open the holes so you can secure the baffles with the small Allen bolts. The hardware comes in a bag. According to member sixpack, the EPA compliant r77s come with them installed and riveted in place so they can't be removed(at least not as easy to do).

My bikes got the rubber plug, allen bolt and nut. Just no baffle. I'm assuming then that it was once installed. As there is no "knockout", but instead a bolt and nut.

My bikes got the rubber plug, allen bolt and nut. Just no baffle. I'm assuming then that it was once installed. As there is no "knockout", but instead a bolt and nut.
That sounds different. There is no nut. The baffles have a threaded hole that lines up with the hole on the muffler itself. All you do is slide baffle in and line up everything and then screw the bolt in. After that you put your little rubber plug back on to cover the hole through which you put the screw in and done. Wish I was home to take some pics.

That's the nut I'm talking about inside that db killer.

Screenshot_2016-08-28-21-00-47.png

Yoshimura offers two r77 designs. A race series and a signature series. I wonder if that's the difference. Just looking at the pics they look the same, but one says for race use only. That is the one that I have. I think that is what Sixpack ment by EPA compliant.

Back