Sidewinder

sjg34

Registered
I currently have an Akrapovic exhaust and I am worried about oil pressure on launch due to a couple of friends shelling motors over the past few months, one has logged his oil pressure dropping to 0 0n launch. I have bought a flat pan but I discovered it will not work with my current exhaust and I need a sidewinder. My question are is the ti winder worth the additional expense? Is the race baffle obnoxious loud? Is there any power gains to be gained from the sidewinder over the Akrapovic? Does anyone have any real experience with the swap?

No experience with those two exhausts, but for me changing from a Brock's Street Smart to a Vance and Hines sidewinder I gained nor lost any hp or performance. A lot of guys run no baffle and that is pretty loud. I run a baffle and didn't gain or lose performance compared to without it. This is on a stock Gen-2 motor. I think the Akra is a pretty good exhaust so I wouldn't expect any improved performance on a near-stock motor.

I've read a few complaints on psychobike about the ti-winder. I think it's looks awesome but if you don't gain anything that extra money is a waste

A guy I run with at the track said his ti-winder said it hurt his mph. He currently has a carpenter sidewinder on his zx14

I went from a full yosha to a ti- winder an lost about 10 pounds of weight and gained 7 rwhp on boosted cycle performance, s dyno

When I find the right gen 2 my alien head is going on that and a sidewinder is going on my current bike so I can lower it a bit more

I will. I think I will need to change my oil pan and if so I will be forced into a sidewinder. I just ordered a transducer so I can monitor my oil pressure at launch so I will know if I truly have a problem at my next race
I like the looks but I can't swallow the addition funds for just looks.

Sgj34 if you get one please report back on it. I love the way it looks but gotta get something for the money
Well I have the tiwinder now and finished the installation Friday night. Strange thing is when I started the motor it doesn't want to hold a steady idle, it will fluctuate about 400 rpms. When i add a little back pressure the idle smooths out.
We went to the track Saturday to get it tuned in and have some fun. Well things didn't go as well as I had hoped. There was a rain delay so we only had one time trail before eliminations started, UGH. The first pass was slow, I lost 8 mph from the previous pipe. I pulled the log and found it was lean and made some adjustments and made a second pass only to spin on launch so that was a waste. Needless to say I lost and bought my way back in to second round of eliminations. 2nd round of eliminations it started running better and I was on a breakout pass and had to dump it and still lost. My 1/8 mile mph was back up to where it was with the old pipe and it is still a little lean with more fuel enter the motor than the old pipe. I am guessing I will see some improvement over the old system but I would be surprised if i see more than a couple of MPH.

I really doubt I see a coupleof mph. My 1/8 mph was normal but my afr was 13.5.-13.7 normally I run 13.0 - 13.2 so I am expecting some but minimal improvement. The idle issue he me more troubled than the lean I the tps range

I know they look awesome. Seems like the regular Brock's sidewinder would be a better deal money wise

I hope it picks up a lot for you though

Back