Ride pics thread.........

139mm of rain so far this morning!
( 5 1/2" for the Luddites )
No riding, just cleaning and maintainence.
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Luddites? 19th century English textile workers?

"Luddites" is a widely accepted term for those who fear technology or its advancements. Yes, it did come from the UK as you mentioned.

It was meant in jest as I often have to post temps if F although we and most of the world have moved onto C and some of my Centigrade temps have been read as fahrenheit in the past. Same as my Kilometre distances I convert to miles on here. I converted the rain to inches in case you Americans didn't like mm's.

Just joking.

Don't fear the metric system!

Reactions: c10
I wish the US would go metric . Hell every car since early 90's is metric bolts/nuts . I will say I like F better than C due to easy on my brain 0 to 100 is like school and I like a D to B average lol 70 to 90 degrees

I wish the US would go metric . Hell every car since early 90's is metric bolts/nuts . I will say I like F better than C due to easy on my brain 0 to 100 is like school and I like a D to B average lol 70 to 90 degrees

I find Centigrade with water freezes at 0 / Zero degrees more logical.

I do have a heap of A/F and Whitworth spanners from my days of owning a H*rley and working on old Brit stuff. Hope I don't get to use them again though !

AU uses Temps in C, distance in K's, weights in KG's etc.

It's funny when I go back to the UK, they use Temps in C and metric weights, but dispute being so close and involved with Europe they still use miles not kilometres.

Then again, Australia and the UK still drive on the left !

Got the King out.
Went West exploring. 408K's / 253 miles.
Blacksoil, Walloon, Rosewood, Grandchester, Laidley, Forest Hill, Gatton,
Up the Gatton - Clifton Rd though Ma Ma Creek to Allora, back down the
Goomburra Rd into the National Park, LOST!!! Dirt roads and creek crossings,
LOST!!! dead end!!! back to Goomburra. Cunninghams Gap, Aratula, Kalbar,
Peak Crossing, Yamanto, Centerary Hwy back to the City.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back