Looking For A New Helmet....

TonezEnt

Registered
So I'm looking for a new helmet, my budget is sub $500. Here are the features that I want, I wanted to see if anyone would offer their opinion on what helmets out there have these features that I'm after.

Modular (but will settle for full face if other features are met)
Minimum noise or chinguard
Graphic (but will settle for solid gloss or matte if other features are met)
Speaker pockets (just bought a Sena10c and will be looking to motovlog)
Sun visor (optional)

What do you guys think? Is there a helmet out there for me? I currently use my old KBC helmet made in 2004....

Just got my new Arai Defiant (Asteroid Red scheme) from Revzilla tonight actually. Found it on Bike Bandit and Revzilla price matched it at $399.95. BB has some smoking deals on Helmets (Arai in particular) but I was looking for that return policy from Revzilla. That is a heck of a deal in my book. May try out the Arai Pro Shade system soon.

imo there is no better helmet for any money then the Shoei RF1200. I wud steer clear from modular helmets. they tend to be heavy, noisy and aren't Snell certified.

the RF1200 is not the lightest helmet wen u put it on a scale but scales can be misleading cause wen its on ur head its about balance more then weight and the RF1200 feels lighter on my head then any helmet I've owned. and its reasonably priced.

it also has cut outs for speakers, is relatively quiet and most important is u can purchase the Transitions lens offered now for it. that alone is the reason I purchased the helmet.

GNBRETT I use to feel the same way on modular helmets . No helmet with a internal sunshade or modular is snell approved . My C3 is 4 ounces lighter than my Shoei Quest , its quiet , and comfortable . It vent better than any helmet I have ever owned , but with vents closed its warm in the cold weather . I cant say that for every helmet I have owned . Shoei / Arai / Scorpion / HJC

imo there is no better helmet for any money then the Shoei RF1200. I wud steer clear from modular helmets. they tend to be heavy, noisy and aren't Snell certified.

the RF1200 is not the lightest helmet wen u put it on a scale but scales can be misleading cause wen its on ur head its about balance more then weight and the RF1200 feels lighter on my head then any helmet I've owned. and its reasonably priced.

it also has cut outs for speakers, is relatively quiet and most important is u can purchase the Transitions lens offered now for it. that alone is the reason I purchased the helmet.

Are you getting paid to say that.....:lol: I really was considering the RF because of the size and fit. I'm gonna run down to my local shop (Cycle Gear) and try to get a good idea of what my size and head shape is so that way i can get a nice fit. I'm sure that will help to remove any excess noise knowing I have a helmet that properly fits.

Are you getting paid to say that.....:lol: I really was considering the RF because of the size and fit. I'm gonna run down to my local shop (Cycle Gear) and try to get a good idea of what my size and head shape is so that way i can get a nice fit. I'm sure that will help to remove any excess noise knowing I have a helmet that properly fits.

ha no I'm not gettn paid but I'm pretty picky with helmets and price was not a concern of mine it really wasn't. I simply bought the RF1200 cause it fit the best, felt the most balanced on my head and had the available transitions lens. no other helmet offers all of that. and I wanted matt black which came in at under $500.

with the price of the transitions lens and a Sena SMH10 I was at the base price for an Arai that I was lookn at but the Arai fits like poop on my head and they offer that stupid gay Pro shade system they designed which is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. first of all it doesn't even block out the sun and second its noisy and 3rd it looks retarded wen its in the up position which is where it will be at all times wen riding at nite....

ha no I'm not gettn paid but I'm pretty picky with helmets and price was not a concern of mine it really wasn't. I simply bought the RF1200 cause it fit the best, felt the most balanced on my head and had the available transitions lens. no other helmet offers all of that. and I wanted matt black which came in at under $500.

with the price of the transitions lens and a Sena SMH10 I was at the base price for an Arai that I was lookn at but the Arai fits like poop on my head and they offer that stupid gay Pro shade system they designed which is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. first of all it doesn't even block out the sun and second its noisy and 3rd it looks retarded wen its in the up position which is where it will be at all times wen riding at nite....

I hear you, I'm gonna take a look and find the best fit for me. I don't think my local Cycle Gear has a selection of Shoei's or Schuberth to try on and I've never been fitted. My current helmet I lucked out on in regards to fit. (I just tried it on and it fit good).

Jus measure ur head with cloth tape or string and measure it. The sizing is spot on! I'm a large and the large fits like a glove!

You could try these,all under 500 €(usually)

Caberg Modus

Caberg Duke

and one of the finest(considered "best of"around)helmets around nowadays,the Rpha Max Evo Zoomwalt Helmet

You could try these,all under 500 €(usually)

Caberg Modus

Caberg Duke

and one of the finest(considered "best of"around)helmets around nowadays,the Rpha Max Evo Zoomwalt Helmet

Those Cabergs look nice....but I don't have a way to try those before buying, looks like I'm headed to Cycle Gear today, hopefully I don't end up buying a BiLT helmet lol!

those are absolute GARBAGE! that made me LOL

I just looked at the youtube video review and read some reviews....they go something like this....

Jimmy Yew6 months ago
very disappointed with this helmet. after less than a year, the interior lining seams started to come apart and the screws on the side holding the visor mechanism started to rust. On top of that its very noisy. I just got myself a Shoei GT Air and its not even comparable. In terms of noise level, its like I was driving in a convertible and then moving into a hard top.

I think I'm just gonna get a RF1200...

telln ya bro its ur best bet. I looked at every single helmet out there ranging from $200 -$1200 and the RF1200 was simply the best helmet to buy. look at the reviews on Revzilla. over 600 ppl rated it with an average of 5 stars!

I just looked at the youtube video review and read some reviews....they go something like this....

Jimmy Yew6 months ago
very disappointed with this helmet. after less than a year, the interior lining seams started to come apart and the screws on the side holding the visor mechanism started to rust. On top of that its very noisy. I just got myself a Shoei GT Air and its not even comparable. In terms of noise level, its like I was driving in a convertible and then moving into a hard top.

I think I'm just gonna get a RF1200...

I can't believe how good this thing feels. I went in thinking I was an XL with my 24 3/8" size head, turns on I can actually fit a large nice a snug with no issues at all. Guess the color...and yes it's a solid color....

20160311_104345_resized.jpg

Back