metalli445

Registered
Hey Everyone,

I have an iPhone 6s Plus with an otterbox case. I'd like to mount my phone on my triple tree to use as my GPS. Does anyone know of a company or product that will allow me to quickly clip my phone into a holder while still in the case? Is there a way to run power so the phone charges while riding the bike? Thanks

Pat

Yep. RAM is the best. I use it on all my bikes with my iPhone 6s+. Have a great tripple tree mount that works great on the busa.
Btw, I use one on each bike, Mustang, and even in the Airbus!
Troy

Like the guys said, ram mount is your best bet. I have one and use it with my 6s+. For charging, I bought a usb charger from pashnit(sponsor here) and bought a 1ft long cable on eBay. Works great and with the short cable, I don't have to worry about all the extra cable flying around or having to secure it.

Like the guys said, ram mount is your best bet. I have one and use it with my 6s+. For charging, I bought a usb charger from pashnit(sponsor here) and bought a 1ft long cable on eBay. Works great and with the short cable, I don't have to worry about all the extra cable flying around or having to secure it.
Where did you mount the USB charger or is it laying in the battery compartment? Pashnit has a lot of different options for the USB Charger. Do you remember which one you purchased?

I also use a RAM mount, it's the X-grip model. I used the U-bolt option to mount mine, I have a iPhone 6+ in an OtterBox case as well. I installed a USB charger from 3BR that is powered when I turn the bike on.

Since this photo, I've moved it lower so it's actually behind the windscreen.

24DD484C-1396-4F1E-A6E6-3C212094637A_zpsth5g60rw.png

image.jpeg
I bought this one(got pic off Internet).It is secure to the top side of the triple with the two sided tape it comes with. Same setup as "paderolis" above.

iPhone 6+? Do you guys know the drag you're creating on the Busa with those things mounted?! Those sleek lines Suzuki worked so hard for, gone!

:spank:

omslaw has one; I tease him constantly for having to now haul his phone with a Radio Flyer wagon everywhere we go... :D

iPhone 6+? Do you guys know the drag you're creating on the Busa with those things mounted?! Those sleek lines Suzuki worked so hard for, gone!

omslaw has one; I tease him constantly for having to now haul his phone with a Radio Flyer wagon everywhere we go... :D

She's just jealous that I have Morgan Freeman on Waze and she doesn't (she's the one that wanted Android...)

Looks like you have it covered. I, too, have the 3BR USB plug. Mounted it to the top clamp and just use a cable from there. I have a Bagster tank bag that I'll throw the phone in when riding (use the Zumo 665 for everything; phone connects via Bluetooth to Zumo and to Sena headset).

Anyway - before the Bagster, I bought a second 'case clip' for my phone and mounted it to a Tech Mount stem mount. It was easy to clip the phone in/out.

Drag?!! I think my weight took care of that a long time ago!! LOL!

Drag?!! I think my weight took care of that a long time ago!! LOL!

Tsk tsk.....hey now, I didn't say anything about that...

Only thinking about the sheer shape and size of that damn phone and how it is like adding a Yugo to your Busa o_O

Someone is jealous. You should give up that call dropping, freezing up, bad charging port android and come to the iPhone side. You'll never look back. I've had iPhones since the first one came out and also had a Galaxy s4 that I used whenever I went Back home. I got so pissed with it that I sold it on the spot and bought another iPhone off craigslist to use when travel abroad. When I switched to the 6s+, I bought factory unlocked to be able to use with any carrier while traveling.

I have a 12v constant under the back seat to charge things when I am off the bike. I also put a male end on my battery tender so all I have to do is plug it into that port when the bike is not in use to keep the battery up.

Someone is jealous. You should give up that call dropping, freezing up, bad charging port android and come to the iPhone side. You'll never look back. I've had iPhones since the first one came out and also had a Galaxy s4 that I used whenever I went Back home. I got so pissed with it that I sold it on the spot and bought another iPhone off craigslist to use when travel abroad. When I switched to the 6s+, I bought factory unlocked to be able to use with any carrier while traveling.

Jealous? No, that's definitely not it... ;)

ipone.jpg

Back