I need more power. What's next? Please help! Gen2 looking to kill H2's and s1000rr's

Standaman

Registered
Hi everyone and thank you very much for taking the time to read this post and even more if you answer. Let me start by saying that I've been riding for 15 years and worked my way up from 3 600's to a 1000 and now my 2013 Busa for the past 2 years.

Here is where I'm at:

Full Bazzaz with quick shift and auto-tune and Z-BOMB
Full race titanium Akrapovic exhaust
K&N air filter
Custom mapped on the dyno.

That's it as far as performance goes. The rest is aesthetics. I am currently pushing 199.04 RWHP but I want more to be the ultimate s1000RR and H2 Killer. FYI the guy who tuned my bike on the dyno owns a H2 and said it came out stock at 215 RWHP in case anyone was wondering.

Now I have a few questions for the gears heads or avid power mongers.

1- Do I need to or should I flash my ECU even though I have a Bazzaz WITH Z-BOMB? What would I stand to gain? http://www.hardracing.com/BazzazZBomb.htm

2- I was looking into doing a carpenter racing 220+ package because it's a daily driver and I want it to be reliable and not too hot in case I hit a bit of traffic. Anyone have this on their bikes and what are your thoughts? Power, reliability, enjoyment, drawbacks vs advantages?

3- If I were to opt out for the 1441 kit, where does the secondary battery go? Is it worth it over the 220+ package?

4- I'm open to suggestions for anything else.

5- Is NOS a decent idea for a quick gain when needed or is it "dirty". Again trying to keep it reliable.

Why I don't want to go turbo
I live in Montreal Quebec Canada and they are somewhat strict on exhaust noise and I haven't seen a turbo kit that fits my exhaust.

My ideal goal is between 230-250 RWHP.

Thank you very much to everyone and I hope this post or I can be of some help to someone else in the future.

Re: I need more power. What's next? Please help! Gen2 looking to kill H2's and s1000r

40 shot :whistle:

You can run a turbo with an exhaust as well. That was my biggest hang up until I saw the shorty pipe for it. It costs a bit for the pipe but I sold my Brock and that paid for it. Sell your akro and add the pipe and the noise issue is gone. A stage one on yours puts you right where you want to be.

image-2592508887.jpg

That's my turbo pipe.

image-2592508887.jpg

Re: I need more power. What's next? Please help! Gen2 looking to kill H2's and s1000r

New question, I love to wheelie. I'm guessing that the turbo kit would be very unpredictable with the turbo lag?

I just posted this up in another thread.

Dave "Dodge" went for a supercharger on his 171mph wheelie Busa.
Control being more important than ultimate horsepower, although I
think he still got beat by Egg Van Popta's 199mph Turbo Busa wheelie.

Dave ?Dodge? Rogers Supercharged Hayabusa | KRAZED

Phil at PTR does 210 up to 290hp n-a conversions if you don't want to go turbo.
He's not cheap and the prices are in AU$ but it gives you an idea of what's available.

Engine Packages

have you seen ghost rider? his busa is turbo and he wheelies all the time just saying :laugh:

He's also dead isn't he? I know the original guy is....

buy a Stage I Turbo Kit and call it a day..... forget big motor builds and nitrous wen a Turbo kit will make MORE power and you can ride it daily with no issues AND you can continue to build on it as you want more power and trust me you WILL want more power. after a few months 250 hp will be BORING!

never in my wildest dreams wud I ever think I wud want more then 200 rwhp from a street bike let alone 300 hp. both are now extremely boring!

Last time I saw Patrik he was very alive and well although he has never taken the
wheelie bike crown at the UK events. Record stands at 199mph over 1 kilometre.

If your going to stay at stock wheelbase and height, Stage 1 turbo kit with good tune and be done with it for awhile.

The H2 with all the power and more after being unleashed with simple ECU flash, air filter and pipe is going to be a handful for most. Considering the cost of the bike initially, not very many will spend that money to get the additional 40+hp or at least immediately.

The Busa will be more forgiving at stock height and wheelbase but will wheelie easily as well. In the end both bikes will make approximate similar HP #s but at different rev ranges and the Busa will out TQ the H2 throughout that powerband. It will come down to gearing, rider weight and rider skill on who will dominate. Busa will still be heavier in the end no matter how much weight is removed prior to turbo install.

If you want your Busa to kill an h2 or s1000rr then your going to be spending some money. NA and reliable will never get the job done. Get NOS or a turbo kit and let the games begin.

Hes alive&posts regularly on the gsxr forum in the oil cooled section...I wont give out his screen name though ;)

OP,being able to do wheelies is part of your engine build criteria? Man keep that squid **** to video games and build a damn turbo bike....

I would say turbo. I have a stage 1 and scared the crap out of me at first now it's ehh, boring. If you build your motor and have the other essentials for proper turbo setup you can crank the boost up.

or buy an H2 so we can line up and race..... ill bet their fun to ride. this is a pretty interesting real world video. it gives a stock BMW a woopn as well as some other bikes that are pretty quick with some serious mods....

Last edited by a moderator:

or buy an H2 so we can line up and race..... ill bet their fun to ride. this is a pretty interesting real world video. it gives a stock BMW a woopn as well as some other bikes that are pretty quick with some serious mods....

There are at least 6 in the Tri-State area...there was one up at Perkins Drive/Bear Mountain Sunday. I know for a fact there is one in CT too :)
It would be fun to ride with them and see how are bikes stack up(well,not your 650rwhp bike lol)but I think my Gen2 would give an unrestricted H2 a run for its money

Last edited by a moderator:

There are at least 6 in the Tri-State area...there was one up at Perkins Drive/Bear Mountain Sunday. I know for a fact there is one in CT too :)
It would be fun to ride with them and see how are bikes stack up(well,not your 650rwhp bike lol)but I think my Gen2 would give an unrestricted H2 a run for its money
yea I'm bettn a souped up Gen II wud put a spankn on the H2. he was pulling from the 1000rr but not by that much. guess it will probably comes down to rider skill and more importantly rider weight. thats where the Turbo comes in..... lol turn up the boost.... its only fair wen the other guy weighs less then my gf at like 125 lbs lol.

but yea there are fast bikes around the tri-state area no doubt. u will rarely see them but their out there stalking the streets....

You can run a turbo with an exhaust as well. That was my biggest hang up until I saw the shorty pipe for it. It costs a bit for the pipe but I sold my Brock and that paid for it. Sell your akro and add the pipe and the noise issue is gone. A stage one on yours puts you right where you want to be.

View attachment 281859

That's my turbo pipe.

that looks awesome.

question slightly off topic. what can you tell me about your swingarm? I can see its made by roaring toys. is it stretched?

Back