2008 Buzzing noise at 3500 rpm HELP

vtxcummins

Registered
I have a 2008 hayabusa that i am still trying to get the bugs worked out of. The thing that is driving me nuts is a buzzing noise at 3500 rpm that I believe is coming from the stator. It makes the noise after its warm. When i bought it had a clear cover installed and when i revved it in neutral it looked like a oil stream hitting the cover causing the noise. I then replaced the cover with an aluminum one i put the stator back in the same way i took it out. Any help would be great cause it is driving me nuts Thanks Eric

Hi, did you get to the bottom of this? Ive just posted a very similar problem it seems, brand new busa, the noise drills my head cant ride if for long?

Gen2 Busas have a 'vibration' right around 3500-4000 rpms.
Peel back rubber covers on the mirrors and check the bolts.
I found one of mine was a bit loose and after tightening it up the vibe was gone.
I'd feel mine in left hand grip and clutch lever.

Had a buzzing from mine at about 3500-4000,turned out one of the rubbers on bottom of the tank had come off and was touching the frame.

Another place a buzzing noise can come from is the windscreen. Just put a piece of electrical tape on the lip that fits in the front fairing to fix this one.

I used the electrical tape trick for my windscreen. Fixed. I was surprised how easy it was to fix such an annoying buzz.

Sorry guys just curious where exactly do you put the tape on :thumbsup:

Along the edge of the windscreen that fits in the fairing. Put it on along the top side of the screen so you have enough to fold over and cover the bottom edge of the screen about the same amount as the top. If done right you will not see any tape when the windscreen in installed on the bike.

Along the edge of the windscreen that fits in the fairing. Put it on along the top side of the screen so you have enough to fold over and cover the bottom edge of the screen about the same amount as the top. If done right you will not see any tape when the windscreen in installed on the bike.

Got it thanks :thumbsup:

Back