Rear Hump Mode to allow Grab Rail Use?

murphc13

Registered
Hi guys.Id like to have the grab rail on when the rear hump is on.From what i've read the hump needs a little trimming.
Is there much plastic to be removed?Can you show some pics of what it looks like installed and uninstalled please?Cheers men
Mode is meant to be Mod:) in the post heading

The process varies depending on whether you have a Gen I or a Gen II. Gen I humps are much easier to mod; Gen II's are doable, but many people have wound up scrapping their cowls after not getting it right. A quick search of the forum should turn up guides (with photos) for both.

Makes a difference if a Gen I or a Gen II somewhat, but it can be done on either.
What have you?

The #1 piece of advice is to take your time. I filed mine down checking it
often to see how much more to remove and that it was lined up correctly.

Basically lay the hump in the position you think it needs to be and then
mark it with what ever will show up well (I used a black marker, but that might not work so well on a black hump)
then I started filing away slowly. I wanted it to be a pretty tight fit and not a lot of gap around the grab bar.

Can't remember if I have any pictures of the finished job - if no one else posts any, I will look to see if I have any.
Because I use a trunk now, I don't use the hump as often.

I thought that i posted in a GEN II forum would have clarified that i have a GEN II Hayabusa but hey....who knows.Thanks for the replies.

Good point on the forum location; I opened the thread from the homepage under the "Recent Posts" section and did not bother looking at forum it was posted in.

Good point on the forum location; I opened the thread from the homepage under the "Recent Posts" section and did not bother looking at forum it was posted in.
Cool bro.I have the same bike in the same colour(as the one in your avatar anyway:)).GREAT BIKE ISNT IT:)

Back