Terrible experience with Joe's Cycles in PA 19008

04LE

Registered
Gave them my bike for tires and brakes. When I get the bike back my front wheel bearings failed on me. I take the bike back to them and they said I was missing the spacer in the front wheel. Would have been nice to not give me the bike back knowing I was missing that. Also told me while looking over the front end my dowl (sp) pins were missing from my front calipers. Again would have been nice to tell me this when they were doing the tires/brakes so this could have been addressed then. Will never do business with this place again. Take it somewhere that will do it right the first time. They are just after your money.

Just wanted to vent about incase anyone is in my area. Becareful who you take the bike to for service. And to note for the past 2 years bike drove great. So dont know how I was missing the spacer.

I take only the wheels & tires to the shop...I don't trust anyone with my azz this way. Not Safe!
I put things back together with great care and attention to detail. Don't need things going south out on the highway.
PS, the spacer that comes to mind is about an inch thick, prolly bent your forks too....

Hey just so you know there is no spacer in the front wheel other than between your two wheel bearings. The front wheel spacer for mounting on a gen 1 busa is made into the axle and lock nut for other side. Second on a gen 1 there are no locating pins for the front brake calipers... ASSHATS

Don't know if the OP has a gen 1 or 2 but if goldenchildis right then I'd be removing the rant thread and possibly apologising to the shop if you had a go at them

Hey just so you know there is no spacer in the front wheel other than between your two wheel bearings. The front wheel spacer for mounting on a gen 1 busa is made into the axle and lock nut for other side. Second on a gen 1 there are no locating pins for the front brake calipers... ASSHATS

2011 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) FRONT CALIPER | Babbitts Suzuki Parts House # 21 on this diagram are the pins that are missing.

2011 Suzuki Hayabusa (GSX1300R) FRONT WHEEL | Babbitts Suzuki Parts House #2 on this diagram is the spacer.

The bike in question is a GEN2.

sorry my name is confusing. made that awhile ago when i was going to buy 04le and i ended up getting an 06le and now i have an 08.

Yep, went to a shop the first time my '06 needed a rear tire because they were cheap. Changed tire, then told me I needed rear brake pads. Took me two days and two trips to get it squared away. Started doing my own maintenance.

Yep, went to a shop the first time my '06 needed a rear tire because they were cheap. Changed tire, then told me I needed rear brake pads. Took me two days and two trips to get it squared away. Started doing my own maintenance.

Yep. I usually like to do my own as well. Just this time I had a buddy that wanted his car detailed so I figured I could do that and earn a few more dollars then what I was paying out to have the tires mounted and balanced, front rotors on, and new front pads. (i did the rear rotor and pads when i installed my swingarm).

Now I have the 100 parts bill and fixing the bike myself as the shop wouldnt do anything. Even charged me $45 to get my bike back from them for telling me what was wrong. Shouldnt have had that charge or the failed bearings if they would have just done the correct job in the begining. Weither or not the spacer was missing of which I dont know how that was missing for 2 years with no ill effects to the bike.

I've never taken my bike to a dealer for service that I didn't feel cheated or burned. Years ago I made the decision to buy the tools I need to do the job myself, and I've never regretted it! You're right, Ky busa - it's the best feeling!

sorry my name is confusing. made that awhile ago when i was going to buy 04le and i ended up getting an 06le and now i have an 08.

Shoot me a PM if you want that name changed. I know a guy... :laugh:

Rear brakes? These bikes come with those? :dunno:

My '06. I owned the bike before I joined :laugh: Rear brakes still have their uses. I have over 53K on the factory rear pads of the '08. They make the rear rotor shiny :p

you have more posts than miles on your bike... just saying...
My '06. I owned the bike before I joined :laugh: Rear brakes still have their uses. I have over 53K on the factory rear pads of the '08. They make the rear rotor shiny :p

Shop called me this morning. Still not taking any blame for this and saying that they didnt notice that the spacer was missing when the tire was balanced. My question to the org is that a reasonable response from them? Would you not notice this spacer missing given they are a state inspection shop as well?

I personally cant remember 2 years ago when I had the bike off and repaced the wheel bearings with a friend if we had the spacer there or not. But the shop is saying either we forgot the spacer back then or the wheel didnt have one when it was put on. I did buy the wheel used so maybe that could be an option. So when we put it back together we put everything back that we took off.

The only thing they took credit for missing was the dowl pins on the brake calipers being missing. And their excuse was that most bikes dont have them.

Let me know what you all think.

If spacer was gone for 2 years you wld have already known it. Bearings wld go out and bike wld handle terrible due to the front wheel going left to right. Without the space wheel won't tighten properly A good tech take notice of spacers and dowels when taking things apart. They obviously put a newbie on it and he screwed up.

Is there anyway that this spacer could have fallen out with the bearing still in the wheel?

I just reread the post. One can only assume it wasn't in there for 2 years I guess. I cant believe you didn't have any issues till now.

Back