Question for guys running Brocks alien head

Stilslo

Registered
I'm looking to buy a full system and love the looks of the alien head. 2 questions. I live in a residential neighborhood and leave for work at 4am. Can I keep the rpms low and creep out without waking up everybody with this exhaust? Secondly, how does the finish hold up on the stainless muffler? While at work she sits in the florida elements.

The sound is no louder than a yoshi until you rev it. Of course at 4am anything is going to be loud but it's not as loud as people make it out to be. As for the finish, I just moved from the Baltimore area and I had one for my gen II and the finish still looks new. Not sure how bad the elements are in Florida but it's held up well in the mid Atlantic.

image-2955098877.jpg

Here's a pic I took last week. Bike has 11k miles on it.

image-2955098877.jpg

i have the stainless steel alien head and yes if you keep the rpms low its fine no prob at all ... not as annoying as most hardleys ... the stainless steel is ok. just get a good polish for it and use that when you clean the bike and its fine. Chrome would be better but oh well. The only problem i had with the alien head and likely any brock exhaust is that it melts the lower bottom area of the plastics. just how the exhaust is designed i guess. it melted away about 2 inches or so.

Love my alien head. Sounds great and is definitely one of the louder exhaust systems. Has somewhat of a low rpm growl to it. I live in a residential area as well and as long as you don't ride through the neighborhood in 1st you'll be good.

I have the alien head I leave at all times of the day and night never had the problem with it melting my lower plastic and it still looks new got 21,000 miles on her

I just had a new brocks alien head and power commander installed buy Suzuki dealership on my 2013 busa. and the plastic melted on lower part of the cowling under the clutch has any body had this problem???

i have the stainless steel alien head and yes if you keep the rpms low its fine no prob at all ... not as annoying as most hardleys ... the stainless steel is ok. just get a good polish for it and use that when you clean the bike and its fine. Chrome would be better but oh well. The only problem i had with the alien head and likely any brock exhaust is that it melts the lower bottom area of the plastics. just how the exhaust is designed i guess. it melted away about 2 inches or so.
I been running the street short meg for 8 years and 65K miles and have had zero issues with my plastics. I'm pretty sure that's the same pipe, different can. Sounds like you have an installation fail to me.

There's heat shields in that area as well, I guess it's possible that the heat shielding is missing :dunno:

I been running the street short meg for 8 years and 65K miles and have had zero issues with my plastics. I'm pretty sure that's the same pipe, different can. Sounds like you have an installation fail to me.

i dont know how. its pretty straight forward. who knows

Back